Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

Do a search on revs posts and you will see magical was all over this ahead of every body. I have a few sources of magic gossip. I have not heard one person say that jameer stays. It doesn't make sense.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

Nelson does make things a bit complicated. I'm not sure why we would want both Paul and Nelson or why NO would want Nelson and Collison.

Maybe a 3rd team would be more interested in taking Okafor if Nelson was involved? He's getting underpaid IMO, it would make up for Okafor's contract.

I've solved our problems. This is realistic too.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2at6s43

Otis?

I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

iggy Smiler

People seem to forget that this was being floated around WELL before any media picked it up.

By the time they started reporting it, we'd already beaten this horse into the ground.

But yeah, Magical is full of it.

(Also want to give props to SmackDaddy, who was another person talking about this at the trade deadline).

quote:
sportsguy33 Boston has the hammer offer if they want to make it: Rondo, Perkins, Sheed's ghost, No. 1 + 3m for CP3 + Okafor. NO has to say yes to that.

quote:
Could only be a salary dump. VC-Gortat-Jameer-filler-pix-cash for CP-EO-Posey. An eff you to NO fans. RT @phillustrious11: why not Orlando?

Bill Simmons is insane if he thinks that the Hornets want a broken Perkins and Rondo, especially when they would want to develop Collison. Plus we know how much he hates the Magic and is a huge Boston homer.

No one on here has crediable sources on this forum, part because Otis is tightlipped and part because the so called 'people with sources' are the biggest BS'ers on this forum.

I do not know about others, but I am over all the people doing the espn trade machine.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

People seem to forget that this was being floated around WELL before any media picked it up.

By the time they started reporting it, we'd already beaten this horse into the ground.

But yeah, Magical is full of it.

(Also want to give props to SmackDaddy, who was another person talking about this at the trade deadline).

So what are you hearing REV? what its worth ive never talked bad about you man ive hoped you would be right and still do

i dont doubt that otis wants jameer to stay. its just not practical financially or basketball wise.

you dont pay 16 million for your starter, 8 million for his backup, and 3 million for third string.

plus, nelson playing 18 minutes per game max. Would he accept that? i think not.

I dont think it's in his character, but he's got a LOT of pull in the locker room and could destroy the team.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:
sportsguy33 Boston has the hammer offer if they want to make it: Rondo, Perkins, Sheed's ghost, No. 1 + 3m for CP3 + Okafor. NO has to say yes to that.

quote:
Could only be a salary dump. VC-Gortat-Jameer-filler-pix-cash for CP-EO-Posey. An eff you to NO fans. RT @phillustrious11: why not Orlando?

Bill Simmons is insane if he thinks that the Hornets want a broken Perkins and Rondo, especially when they would want to develop Collison. Plus we know how much he hates the Magic and is a huge Boston homer.

the celtics would be good for 2 years still wouldnt win the title then paul would wanting out again

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:

quote:

he doesn't hate the magic. he hates vince carter. To him its like a football team trading for TO.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

Nelson does make things a bit complicated. I'm not sure why we would want both Paul and Nelson or why NO would want Nelson and Collison.

Maybe a 3rd team would be more interested in taking Okafor if Nelson was involved? He's getting underpaid IMO, it would make up for Okafor's contract.

I've solved our problems. This is realistic too.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2at6s43

Otis?

I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Yeah, me too.

Seriously though, Philly is looking for a center so Brand can play his natural position at PF again. Yes, the sixers have Jrue Holiday but Jameer is a hometown hero and he would put people in the seats. He would be a great mentor for Jrue and I'm sure would be willing to back up jameer in only his second year in the league. They have Evan Turner who is the future of the 76ers. They need to move on from Iggy, he is not going to let Turner grow the way he should because he is not a good compliment to Turner in any way.

NOLA gets a starting center who is vastly underrated and would produce good numbers and possibly be a top 10 C in the NBA. Vince Carter will soothe the pain of the loss of CP3 and be a great mentor for Marcus Thornton, probably would still put up at least 18ppg on that team. Kapono might not make too much sense because they have Peja and Posey but maybe send a PG over like Willie Green even though he's listed as a SG. Or send over Lou williams since they would be acquiring Jameer.

I think this is actually a realistic trade. I hope Otis is looking into it.