Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Wait, so are Catmans sources the same as Junkie/Soul Bro's/Ty's?

If so, Junkie already said Kyler told him no Paul trade.

Unless there are MORE sources.

My source just told me that those peoples source is made up and BS! Just what my source said, and it comes from someone close to OTIS, I swear ! Chair Shot

quote:

LOL, Junkie takes what Kyler says seriously.

quote:

Not trying to speak for Rev but his source is Magical...

Mine are many...sportwriter's, Magic staff and front office executives(I know one good one).

But the source I'm quoting in this thread is even better than those.

Hey fellow Magic fans. I usually just lurk and read what yall think but with the CP3 deal, I've finally climbed aboard.

I really want to keep Jameer and I think we can win with him. Call me emotionally attached if you want. But when I think of all the possible situations, I can't see Jameer and CP3 both playing together unless Jameer agrees to take a huge demotion. He has the shooting to be a SG but he can't guard any other NBA 2's. I would be a lot more comfortable with this if say another contending team came into the mix and Jameer went to a team with a shot at the title instead of the Hornets who prob wanna build on Darren Collison.

How about this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=23selyd

I kind of just put it together but would something along these lines be logical?

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

Quick question, does Paul have a (No trade clause) in his contract?

no. he's too young to have one. I think you have to be on a team for 9 yrs to get the clause.

Turk has one, so that can not be true. I think any player can have one if it is in there contract. He must not have one because no one is talking about it.

Turk does not have a no-trade clause.

However, I was mistake in my qualifications in receiving the clause.

quote:
A "no-trade" clause can be negotiated into an individual contract if the player has been in the NBA for at least eight seasons, and has played for the team with which he is signing for at least four seasons. They don't have to be the immediately prior four seasons -- for example, Horace Grant got a no-trade clause from Orlando when he signed with them in 2001. He had played for Orlando for four seasons, but had played for Seattle and Los Angeles in the interim. Very few players actually have one of these no-trade provisions. Otherwise, individually negotiated contracts may not contain no-trade clauses. The no-trade clause prevents the team from making a trade involving the player without the player's consent.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Quick question, does Paul have a (No trade clause) in his contract?

no. he's too young to have one. I think you have to be on a team for 9 yrs to get the clause.

Turk has one, so that can not be true. I think any player can have one if it is in there contract. He must not have one because no one is talking about it.

Turk does not have a no-trade clause.

However, I was mistake in my qualifications in receiving the clause.

quote:
A "no-trade" clause can be negotiated into an individual contract if the player has been in the NBA for at least eight seasons, and has played for the team with which he is signing for at least four seasons. They don't have to be the immediately prior four seasons -- for example, Horace Grant got a no-trade clause from Orlando when he signed with them in 2001. He had played for Orlando for four seasons, but had played for Seattle and Los Angeles in the interim. Very few players actually have one of these no-trade provisions. Otherwise, individually negotiated contracts may not contain no-trade clauses. The no-trade clause prevents the team from making a trade involving the player without the player's consent.

My mistake, Turks was a 'trade kicker'. Which just means he gets paid a bonus amount if traded. Which when he was to Suns he waived.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

"IF" Paul gets traded...and it's not to us...and word has it that Otis didn't want to give up Nelson...

How would you guys feel about that???

Otis would need to be stripped of GM duties.

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

Don't fret. This deal has been agreed upon already. Just waiting for a taker for Okafor. It will happen. The other hold back is Otis wants to keep Nelson.

The signing of Redick means bye bye Vince. NO will take Vince, but we have to take Okafor if we want Paul.

Otis is shopping Okafor.

I honestly have no idea why you even bother. I could pull a random homeless guy off the street and ask him for inside information and I would value it over yours.

This really is the trade rumor that will not die. At this point, I'm not even sure if it could realistically happen or not. The one thing I do feel fairly certain about is Jameer would have to be included in the deal. I just don't think that Jameer would be happy playing 18 minutes a game behind Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by Nikko:

Hey fellow Magic fans. I usually just lurk and read what yall think but with the CP3 deal, I've finally climbed aboard.

I really want to keep Jameer and I think we can win with him. Call me emotionally attached if you want. But when I think of all the possible situations, I can't see Jameer and CP3 both playing together unless Jameer agrees to take a huge demotion. He has the shooting to be a SG but he can't guard any other NBA 2's. I would be a lot more comfortable with this if say another contending team came into the mix and Jameer went to a team with a shot at the title instead of the Hornets who prob wanna build on Darren Collison.

How about this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=23selyd

I kind of just put it together but would something along these lines be logical?

I don't think Portland would become involved in a trade with the Hornets if it didn't mean them netting CP3.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

"IF" Paul gets traded...and it's not to us...and word has it that Otis didn't want to give up Nelson...

How would you guys feel about that???

I would think it was mainly because of Howard and would be OK with it.

Especially since "word has it" would be coming from the people who have yet to get something right this offseason.