Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

B. Bass w/ some quotes for Magic management, "AGAIN"(Povtak)

quote:

"I think they'll do the right thing, whatever is the right thing -- either play me next season or send me somewhere else. That's what I'm hoping,'' Bass told FanHouse earlier this week following the Summer Groove charity game in Miami. "I won't go through what I did last season.''

quote:

"I expect things to be better for me next season,'' he said. "I felt like I deserved more of an opportunity than I received last season. Look at the series (against Boston when the Magic lost). I was just what was missing. I respect Coach Stan (Van Gundy) and the way he likes to play, but sometimes you have to try something different.''

quote:

Bass was made available by the Magic in several trade discussions this summer, but they found no takers. The Magic also have a well-paid backup center (Marcin Gortat) who also is hoping for playing time next season at power forward.

"I'm one of the hardest working guys on the team, so hopefully I'll have a bigger role next season,'' Bass said. "Right now, I'm just working on my game, trying to get better. I don't worry about things like trades. I won't go through again what I did last season.''

From my main man, Tim Povtak...

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...new-team-next-seaso/

I hope Brandon gets more playing time next season. The guy showed at times that he is a boost when needed. He hustles and muscles his way around, though he isn't a great defender or rebounder and a bit undersized.

But if he's working on his game, maybe he has that fire to show that he can contribute and be the force he was brought in here to be.

At least he has a nice jumper and some bull-strength. I expect a better Bass this upcoming season!

If he can learn the teams D and stop missing assignments I would imagine he would get more mins. Hard to keep him on the floor when he does something dumb for every good thing he does.

Hopefully, this will be the season in which Brandon realizes that he has to play both hard AND smart to crack the rotation. There's a certain amount of validity to what he said about Stan needing to try something different, but BB needs to take accountability for not being mentally prepared every game and practice. He has a ton of potential and we need him to realize it.

Bass provides good post defense, a solid midrange game and that's about it. Like Marc said, he is extremely poor on help defense and he is a suprisingly poor rebounder. Both of those areas need to improve for him to see consistent minutes.

Truth be told, I don't think rebounding is a skill that can be improved. Either you go get the ball or you don't. Bass doesn't and I expect he will be traded sooner or later.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Bass provides good post defense, a solid midrange game and that's about it. Like Marc said, he is extremely poor on help defense and he is a suprisingly poor rebounder. Both of those areas need to improve for him to see consistent minutes.

In before the Escobar.

If I am SVG I am going into next season with the following starting lineup...

Nelson

Carter

Lewis

Bass

Howard

While Bass is undersized Dwight's precense makes up for it and Bass can rebound really well and block some shots. On offense Bass can hit that mid range jumpshot constantly and score inside. He could be our mini-Carlos Boozer.

Give the kid a chance if he fails to do well, try Ryan in the starting lineup and if that does not work... go back to Lewis at the 4 and start Pietrus/Richardson at the three.

At least show the players you're trying to include them in the plans unlike last year in which we never gave Bass a chance to shine.

I love it when players call out stan van gundy.

And Bass is a decent defender. His post defense game is legit. help/team defense is what he struggles with in stan's rotation. he tends to look a bit lost on the court at times.

I think given more of an opportunity to play he'll do alright. but stan just benched the guy completely for like half the season.

If he stays I also would like to see more of him on the floor with dwight as opposed to gortat.

look at Big Baby. dude makes a ton of bone headed decisions but look how he came up big against the lakers and the magic in the post season when given an opportunity? gotta trust your players.

It might help also if he doesn't become a black hole on offense every time he gets the ball. I know MP is the same way, but at least Pietrus hits his shots.

We won game 4 and 5 vs. Boston when Bass got extended minutes. Dunno why SVG stopped playing him in Game 6.

Bass is a huge weapon for us! Use him!

Also, all this talk on Arenas. I dunno about that one. He will facilitate ball, but the boy is too injury prone! Wait it out a year, and get another young star in his prime next season.

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

We won game 4 and 5 vs. Boston when Bass got extended minutes. Dunno why SVG stopped playing him in Game 6.

Bass is a huge weapon for us! Use him!

Also, all this talk on Arenas. I dunno about that one. He will facilitate ball, but the boy is too injury prone! Wait it out a year, and get another young star in his prime next season.

me and all of wall street were wondering the same thing.

nate robinson took it to us in that last game though, he did his one man show thing and it worked.