Progfrog

Movies

It's not the same genre (mall cop movies isn't a genre). It's the same plot, same girl (looks wise), same everything.

Paul Blart + Cuss Words = Observe and Report

Similar to the other formula:

Twilight + Nudity = True Blood

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Observe and Report was decent, but Anna Faris is usually always hot.

Observe and Report was terrible. And Anna Faris is really hot in The House Bunny.

I also really liked that movie where Paul Rudd played the ultra-sarcastic cynic who realized at the end of the film that he could enjoy life. Can't think of the name of it though... someone help me out.

Rudd gets a pass from me because of Wet Hot American Summer, a movie that should have been on my list of good spoof movies with the caveat that it's a movie that's more a collection of scenes than a narrative, and that while most of the scenes are great, there are a couple that are just flat out bad.

A lot like the music biopic spoof, Walk Hard in that way. Walk Hard also should have been on that earlier list. Dammit.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I also really liked that movie where Paul Rudd played the ultra-sarcastic cynic who realized at the end of the film that he could enjoy life. Can't think of the name of it though... someone help me out.

Monsters vs Aliens?

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

I just saw Inception and didn't really think it was all that great.

why not? did you see it in a good theater? im worried that too much of the appeal has to do with being overwhelmed by everything that's going on.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

I just saw Inception and didn't really think it was all that great.

why not? did you see it in a good theater? im worried that too much of the appeal has to do with being overwhelmed by everything that's going on.

No I wasn't overwhelmed really. I understood everything just fine. I just really hated the action scenes and the characters. I didn't really care what happened to any of them.

I know it's one of those movies that is getting ridiculously rave reviews, and also one of those movies that if you don't really like it people say "well you didn't get it". I guess I just didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else.

my last two movies i went and saw were

grown ups 7/10 good laughs some nice eye candy for the boys and some cringe moments

get him to the greek 5/10 started good finished weak still think katy perry is too good for russel brand.