Sign in to follow this  
The Ryan Anderbads

The VERY Early 2010-2011 Season Prediction Thread

I have nothing to do today. So here is my 2010-2011 preseason prediction of both conferences. The amount of text in this might scare some people. Beware.

The Western Conference has taken a hit to it's depth but I think some young teams will make it nearly as strong as it was last year. Here is my list and predictions of seeds 1-8.

WEST

#1: Los Angeles Lakers - Not much to say to defend this...they are the champs, got Kobe and Gasol...basically the same team with some minor tweaks it looks like this offseason. I think they will start declining a bit this year though and maybe lose that edge that they have had over these young teams the past couple of years. Still the #1 seed without a doubt though in my opinion. 60 wins.

#2: Portland Trailblazers - This may be a surprise to some people but this is a very talented and young team that has been plagued with injuries. Brandon Roy/Aldridge/Oden is a big 3. They will all be healthy and ready to go. They have some quality role players surrounding those 3 and I think this team is probably going to be the most not talked about team going into the season but will make a lot of noise come playoff time if they remain healthy. 58 wins.

#3: Denver Nuggets - Just got Al Harrington..have tons of talent on this team just need to put it together and stop being so ****y and maybe they can contend for the WCF. Melo is definitely going to have a huge season but honestly him and billups just don't work together. Billups is a shoot first point guard. He's almost as bad as jameer, I mean seriously Wink. They lack any kind of post game from their bigs. Billups and Melo are the only post game they have which is quite sad. If melo had someone who could post up consistently and score they would be contending for a title no doubt. Still have them at #3 because of the talent but could easily be knocked out in the first round. 55 wins.

#4: Dallas Mavericks - Just got Tyson Chandler, that really doesn't make me want to put them any higher then #4 even though they are a great regular season team. He's not going to put them over the hump in the playoffs. Kidd is getting older, Dirk is getting weary of constant failures in the playoffs....they would have a shot at the title if they had a dominant wing player. Doesn't look like they will have that this year so Dallas will be more of the same this year. Early second round exit. 54 wins.

#5: Oklahoma City Thunder - Great young team. More mature...and of course the Durantula. I think Durant will actually have lower numbers then last year because I think people will now be more prepared for him coming off his scoring title. This team will be on top of the Western Conference soon enough but it will be a couple more years. 53 Wins.

#6: Los Angeles Clippers - Yes. I said it. I'm going completely out on a limb on this but this is just my gut feeling. I think Blake Griffin has the potential to be a top 5 PF in the league even in his rookie year. Dude just has a high basketball IQ and plays so hard with amazing footwork. Davis/Griffin/Kaman is another big 3 that will be heard from next season if these guys stay healthy. Eric Gordon is a perfect compliment to those 3 players. This is definitely one of my huge surprise teams this year and they will surprise in a BIG way by putting the clippers on the map for the first time in...? Ever? 50 wins.

#7: San Antonio Spurs - Pretty much the same boring team. Getting older. Tiago Splitter doesn't look THAT good to me although some spurs friends of mine are acting like he is going to be a monster next to Duncan. Not seeing that any time soon, and Duncan will be retired by then. They will still put up a solid season and possibly make some noise if they stay healthy with those old legs. Too boring of a team to talk about them anymore. 49 Wins.

#8: Utah Jazz - I don't like what they have done so far this off season. DWill and Boozer had so much chemistry. Acquiring Jefferson is good but will be a work in progress. I think they are abandoning ship and trying to rebuild a team capable of beating the Lakers but keeping their best player in DWill. They will fall off the map though this year a bit and probably come back strong next year. 48 Wins.

Teams to look out for:

1. Houston Rockets - Not even sure if Yao Ming will be back this year, if he is then I would have to put them in the top 8 for sure. If he isn't they are out of the top 8.

2. Sacramento Kings - Tyreke and Cousins. I think those two names will be heard from a lot in the next couple years. They will have a chemistry building year and then they will be making a lot of noise in the next couple of seasons I'm sure. Be careful with this team though. They will be a contender soon.

Team completely falling off:

Phoenix Suns - Well Nash is getting older and they lost Amare. Oh and they acquired Hedo Pizzaface. I really don't see that working at all.

EAST

The eastern conference will make the NBA as a whole from top to bottom maybe one of the most competitive we have ever seen it. Only four 50 win teams in this conference last year. I have 6 this year.

#1: Miami Heat - Well. Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Only teams with a lot of size can even remotely put up a fight against this team. I only see us, the Lakers, and Boston really giving this team a run for their money. They will beat any other team handily that has no size down low. Although I still have the Magic beating them in the ECF guys so don't worry...I just think they will have an easier time beating the majority of the teams in the league then we will. 65 wins.

#2: Orlando Magic - I think this team pretty much stays where it is as Otis said.."I like this team". We will have another go at it with carter and some minor adjustment and I think we get to the finals this year. I want to see stan use Shard at the 3 more and Bass/Gortat at the 4 more just so we can be more flexible come playoff time. Still have Dwight/Jameer...that alone will put us in contention for a title year after year but we need a wing to compliment them to get the job done. 60 wins.

#3: Chicago Bulls - Huge roster upgrades...Rose is a year older..Noah getting stronger. Add Boozer and Korver now and you have a title contending team. It will be interesting how Boozer fits with Rose because he is a different player then Deron Williams. Boozer may have significantly less numbers. Big front line and one of the best PG's in the league right now will put them in a strong position come playoff time. 55 wins.

#4: Boston Celtics - Same team but another year older. Still can't count them out when Rondo is getting better and you still have the big 3 there. They will be in contention for the ECF again this year barring a meeting with some athletic team aka the Hawks. 53 wins.

#5: Milwaukee Bucks - Jennings/Bogut were playing very well until he got injured and I expect more of the same especially with Jennings having another year on his belt. This team will surprise some people I think and can possibly eliminate a contending team like the bulls. 51 wins.

#6: Atlanta Hawks - Really haven't gotten much better and completely blew it by giving JJ that horrible deal. If shaq does indeed go to ATL then I would say this team can make some noise, if not then they will get swept again. 50 wins.

#7 New York Knicks - Man it's been awhile since the Knicks made some noise in the playoffs. Adding Amare, Felton and Anthony Randolph I think makes this a very scary team in the first round. There's alot of ? with this team though and we will have to see how they pan out in the regular season. Not sure who is going to be their go-to guy on offense. 48 Wins.

#8 Charlotte Bobcats - Will improve on their win total but will actually drop to the 8th seed because of the improvement in the East. Not sure what moves they are going to make but this team proved they can win ball games last season and giving us 4 very close games in the first round. 47 Wins.

Teams to watch out for:

1. Washington Wizards - John freakin' Wall. Don't let him get any space or he will blow by you. End of story.

2. Philadelphia 76ers - So much young talent it's not even funny....Holiday/Iggy/Turner/Speights/Young...ugh. So much athleticism. Should be a scary team as always.

Team completely falling off:

Cleveland Cavaliers - No LeQueen = 20 win seasons again. Feel bad for them Cavs fans though.

NBA Finals:

Orlando Magic vs Los Angeles Lakers = 4-2 Magic win. I'm a homer.

All in all I think this will be a more competitive season all around the league which will benefit the Magic greatly...making their road to the playoffs and the finals tougher. Which is exactly what we need in my opinion. Time to go eat...feel free to chime in on how stupid my predictions are or you could contribute to the thread by posting your own. Thank you.

EAST:

1. Heat

2. Magic

3. Celtics

4. Hawks

5. Bulls

6. Bobcats

7. Bucks

8. Knicks

Conference Sem-Finals

Heat vs Bulls

Magic vs Celtics

Conference Finals

Heat vs Magic

-------------------------------------------------------------------

WEST:

1. Lakers

2. Mavericks

3. Thunder

4. Blazers

5. Spurs

6. Nuggets

7. Jazz

8. Rockets

Conference Semi-Finals

Lakers vs Spurs

Thunder vs Jazz

Conference Finals

Lakers vs Thunder

-------------------------------------------------------------------

NBA FINALS

Lakers vs Magic (Lakers in 7)

• Upvote 1

The Eastern conference finals will be Boston and Heat and the Finals will be Heat and Lakers. Stern will see to it. I do not think there will be a team in the league expect maybe the Lakers that can be beat the Heat. The Heat will not lose many, if any of the games next year.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

The Heat will not lose many, if any of the games next year.

So you're not ruling out an undefeated season?

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

The Heat will not lose many, if any of the games next year.

So you're not ruling out an undefeated season?

Anything is possible with that combination.

• Downvote 1

Boston will finish 4th in the East and upset the Heat, then we get revenge on them and go to the Finals.

Lakers vs Magic who knows how its going to end?

quote:

The Eastern conference finals will be Boston and Heat and the Finals will be Heat and Lakers. Stern will see to it. I do not think there will be a team in the league expect maybe the Lakers that can be beat the Heat. The Heat will not lose many, if any of the games next year.

Just like Stern wanted Lebron/Kobe Finals the last 2 seasons? Stop with this Stern completely controlling the NBA crap, it isn't true.

East-

Heat

Magic

Celtics

Bulls

Hawks

Bucks

Bobcats

Sixers

West -

Lakers

Mavs

Nuggets

Jazz

Thunder

Trailblazers

Spurs

Rockets

East:

Heat

Magic

Bulls

Celtics

Bucks

Hawks

Bobcats

Knicks

West:

Lakers

Thunder

Mavs

Nuggets

Jazz

Blazers

Spurs

Suns

EASTERN

1) Heat: They have Wade, James and Bosh.... enough said 62-68wins

2) Celtics: They have most players back besides losing Tony Allen and ridding themselves of Wallace. Adding J.O'neal is a strength. 56-62 wins. (Age seems like no barrier for Ray Allen, and Garnett seems to be getting back into form after his injuries...finally.

3) Magic: No big moves, but a few nice smaller ones. Magic's season will depend apon Howard improving, Nelson staying healthy, Stan allowing Lewis to become his scoring self and Carter being in shape. 56-62 wins

4) Bucks: I know a big call, but I think they have the coach and the perfect combination of players (all which are willing defenders). 2nd behind the heat with the best offseason moves in my oppinion. 50-56 wins

5) Bulls: Did well to gain half the Jazz team + C.J Watson. There depth may be a problem, especially if injuries occur. 47-53wins

6) Hawks: Nothing big to report here. Same team, new coach. The problem for the Hawks is the improvement in the east. 45-50wins

7) Knicks: Added pieces and have young players getting better. 38-44wins

8) Cavs: New coach, New team. Hey with out Lebron at least some of there players can now do what they use to. I think they will be alright and this will prove that Lebron is not that good of a team player. 38-44wins

Just miss out: 76ers, Nets, Pacers

WESTERN:

1) Lakers: They are simply the best. Blake is a good addition and if they can resign Brown they are just as strong if not stronger than last season. 60-66 wins

2) Thunder: Big call i know! but they have the best coach (IMO) and a star player who is humble and willing to put in the work. Durant will win MVP and the Thunder will continue to improve and rise. Hey they won 50 games last season I think they can add 10games worth because of maturity and development. 58-64 wins

3) Spurs: Age is there but if they are healthy you can never look past them. Built there roster up a bit this offseason. 54-60 wins

4) Mavs: They have still got the talent + Chandler. Hopefully they have worked out how to gel on the court and not choke. 54-60 wins

5) Nuggets: Adding player(s) and not losing any significant ones. 52-58wins

6) Trailblazers: Health! 52-58wins

7) Kings: Going out on a limb but hey they are a year older and have done well to improve. 38-44wins

8) Clippers: This all depends on the health of the team. 38-44 wins

Just miss out: Rockets, Suns and Grizzles

• Upvote 1