Sign in to follow this  
magic_fan1

Heat Rivalry? Really?

Is it just me or are certain people trying to create this "rivalry"? I live in Orlando and I've never heard any Magic fans trash talking the Heat. Usually its always the Lakers, Cavs and Celtics.

Confused

I honestly thought this thread title couldn't go without this photo.

ya_rly.jpg

We have always had a state rivalry but it's never been a major one because we either sucked or they did - but now that both teams are contenders, it's more than likely gonna be a more heated rivalry.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

We have always had a state rivalry but it's never been a major one because we either sucked or they did - but now that both teams are contenders, it's more than likely gonna be a more heated rivalry.

I see what you did there

The Magic organization, Pat WIlliams namely, has been trying to create this rivalry since 89. Lebron James just helped that happen. I have always liked Wade and had no real opinion on Bosh, but James I have never liked. The guy has always been the media's favorite, even though he has not won crap. I am sick of hearing of the guy and hope he joins TMac and G. Hill by never winning a title.

Of course, we see Lebron and Dwight as being players that make their teams a lot better. But, Dwight has not been playing with a Superstar either and does a good job of getting his team deep into the playoffs without complaining that he needs more help.

The rivalry heated up a lot during the Shaq years, he and Zo had some epic wars in the paint.

The problem is for most of our existence when one team is good, the other stinks. But you when you think about it, who else could you call our biggest rival?

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

The rivalry heated up a lot during the Shaq years, he and Zo had some epic wars in the paint.

Is that true? Im pretty sure they got Zo the same time we lost Shaq. I know Shaq and Zo had some epic wars when he was with the Hornets, but I dont think in Miami. Correct me if I'm wrong.