Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

BREAKING - Q-RICH TO THE MAGIC

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

If you are following the chat, Magical is in there. Says something big is about to happen.

Otis said we "hit another single," with signing Q Rich referring to Duhon as a "single," as well. A reporter asked if "we have a homerun to look forward to?" Otis responded with something along the lines of you don't get a homerun until you win a championship or it's not a homerun until you win that.

That comment right there makes me think Otis is just about finding the right deals. Bottom line is we added PG depth and signed an arguably better defender/less arguably better offensive threat in Q Rich.

Of course, ideally, we want to keep JJ but when it comes down to it, it's still a business. And signing Duhon/Q Rich were both pretty smart fiscal moves while covering our bases if we let JJ and Barnes go.

If I had to put $ on Otis making a big move or not, I'd say he's done unless some stupid team wants to take on Vince.

"Richardson can hit 3s from the corner, which makes him a good fit in Orlando's system, and he's a good team defender who loves to take charges."

"He's slow as molasses, however, and can't be counted on to be the on-ball stopper that Matt Barnes was a year ago."

"once they match J.J. Redick's offer sheet, it should more or less wrap up Orlando's offseason."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...reeagentmoves-100713

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

OMG OTIS SAID NO MORE MOVES WELL GUESS THATS AN OFFSEASON ILL SEE YA GUYS IN OCTOBER

cmon you know better... its otis. Not that i dont think its true but dont base it on something Otis "i do what i want" smith says... hes crafty

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

If you are following the chat, Magical is in there. Says something big is about to happen.

Magical was me. Sooo....you fail.

Anyway, doesn't look like anything else will be happening this offseason. Be back in october.

quote:
Of course, ideally, we want to keep JJ but when it comes down to it, it's still a business. And signing Duhon/Q Rich were both pretty smart fiscal moves while covering our bases if we let JJ and Barnes go.

Duhon signing does not have anything to do with JJ leaving. He was signed because he is going to be our backup PG, with Williams probably leaving.