Sign in to follow this  
D12

jefferson to dallas? move it otis!

4 out- 1 in,

has not worked and has turned slashers (Pietrus) into a 3pt jaker...

Jefferson could or could not be a good fit. But all of you that argue and say adding him would be stupid are misinformed. How do you know that he and Howard would not play well together? You don't because Howard has not been teamed with a player similar to Jefferson, EVER!

Before you all start jumping all over people that are FOR arguments, back it up with evidence (which there is none).

You would have all guessed by now that I am for this move, and these are the reasons.

1) Can use him as primary back up center too. Meaning that it would save on another back up center contract.

2) Means Howard would probably be in heaps less foul trouble. Howard would have another inside defender to rely on.

3) The wades and Lebrons of the world would find it more difficult to attack a Magic basket if two big bodys + Lewis's 6 10 frame is covering ground.

4) Allows to move Lewis back to his NATURAL SF spot and become more of a option on offense.

5) Having a Player who has been called "the best low post scorer" to take the shots that Howard has forced in previous times. Yet again removing some of the pressure off Howards shoulders.

6) Prevent double teams on the block. If teams try to double either Jefferson or Howard the other will be wide open.

7) I would think this would give the Magic a more Laker look to them, Similar to Gasol and Bynum. They have won the last two championships.

Stan Van Gundy would still be able to grind his defense stance in. He would have to change his offense though (Though this was our problem against both Lakers 09 and Boston 10).

My two cents, feel free to start critising. Thank you for your time.

ORANJE!!

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Not only does Al Jefferson suck, but he's a horrible fit here. Why do people want him?

Didn't you know? Dwight is "sort of like 'meh'" on offense.

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

4 out- 1 in,

has not worked and has turned slashers (Pietrus) into a 3pt jaker...

Jefferson could or could not be a good fit. But all of you that argue and say adding him would be stupid are misinformed. How do you know that he and Howard would not play well together? You don't because Howard has not been teamed with a player similar to Jefferson, EVER!

Before you all start jumping all over people that are FOR arguments, back it up with evidence (which there is none).

You would have all guessed by now that I am for this move, and these are the reasons.

1) Can use him as primary back up center too. Meaning that it would save on another back up center contract.

2) Means Howard would probably be in heaps less foul trouble. Howard would have another inside defender to rely on.

3) The wades and Lebrons of the world would find it more difficult to attack a Magic basket if two big bodys + Lewis's 6 10 frame is covering ground.

4) Allows to move Lewis back to his NATURAL SF spot and become more of a option on offense.

5) Having a Player who has been called "the best low post scorer" to take the shots that Howard has forced in previous times. Yet again removing some of the pressure off Howards shoulders.

6) Prevent double teams on the block. If teams try to double either Jefferson or Howard the other will be wide open.

7) I would think this would give the Magic a more Laker look to them, Similar to Gasol and Bynum. They have won the last two championships.

Stan Van Gundy would still be able to grind his defense stance in. He would have to change his offense though (Though this was our problem against both Lakers 09 and Boston 10).

My two cents, feel free to start critising. Thank you for your time.

ORANJE!!

I agree.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Not only does Al Jefferson suck, but he's a horrible fit here. Why do people want him?

Didn't you know? Dwight is "sort of like 'meh'" on offense.

Yeah, I guess leading the league in FG% isn't good enough for some people. I laughed when I saw someone call him meh on offense.

If you want a "traditional" four, you should want someone who will work hard on defense and rebounding and not take touches away from Dwight. Al Jefferson will do none of these things, he's a lazy stat stuffer.

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:
Originally posted by D12:

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 3:

Good. Why would we want Jefferson? Him and Dwight on the same team is redundant.

One is a very good offensive player who can play off the block, but it kinda 'meh' on defense, while the other is a great defensive player who cant leave the low post and is kinda 'meh' on offense.

How is that redundant?

EXACTLY!

having to big guys will almost certainly force teams to throw up jumpshots rather than driving to the glass! they could even take a chapter from each other dwight can learn offense al and Al can learn to play better d from howard.

If this is true, then why not just keep Gortat for his defense and play him WITH Dwight and hope his offense comes around. I would much rather pin my hopes on Gortat's offense coming around more so than Jefferson's defense. Defense is much harder to get a player to do than offense.

Al Jefferson is NOT a bad defender for a PF tho, the issue with his defense was in regards to him as a center. Assuming he wouldn't be playing much center for us, i'm too concerned about it. Just looking at his blk%, bpg PER36, and rpg PER36, he pretty much measures out better than Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire in these categories... So defensively he's on par with most of the other elite PF's, only PF's ahead of him in as a defender are guys like Pau, Duncan, and KG(not too shaby). Offensively, he's not too far behind any of those guys either... Definitely wouldn't mind adding his size and skill to the frontcourt, to help counter Bosh. I think with Dwight + Jefferson, we'd instantly become the most formidable frontcourt in the league.

I like Al Jefferson a lot as a Power Forward. I don't understand how people can say it is redundant to have him and D12 since Al is more a of a touch shooter and Dwight is all physicality.

I also look at Al Vs Gasol and think of that comparison. That would be a great battle. Then you add in Rashard at SF again. That is the longest frontcourt in the league. If the Magic could get brewer at the SG position, then you have an exceptionally tall starting lineup.

Finally, off the bench you would have great defense in peitrus, duhon and bass.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

I also look at Al Vs Gasol and think of that comparison. That would be a great battle. Then you add in Rashard at SF again. That is the longest frontcourt in the league. If the Magic could get brewer at the SG position, then you have an exceptionally tall starting lineup.

I seriously disagree. Brewer, Shard, Jeff, and Dwight in the starting line up would be a horrible idea. How would those tall guys see 'meer crawlin around on the floor down there? Unless White Goodman's patent on the "peek-a-boo" attack runs out, this line-up is critically flawed...

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Great defense in Bass?

icon_confused.gif

I like Bass's D a lot. He hustles and blocks shots. His biggest problem is in his head..learning the plays and rotations.

I don't really think Jefferson puts us over the hump. Like Ramsde68, if you pay that kinda cash, go for a real difference maker.