Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

Expect Gortat to be traded Tuesday

If we lose JJ...can someone tell me how this years Magic team is better then last years team?

We are going to lose our best defensive wing player and the only guy who cuts to the basket hard in Matt Barnes.

We are going to replace him with Q..who is a better outside shooter, but much worse on D. Also Q cant create his own shot, and is just going to stand behind the 3 point line, Jacking up 3's every now and again.

We then have Vince Carter who is another year older, and another step slower. Basically JJ was our guy in the playoffs, and Vince watched from the bench. Vince was a black hole on offense jacking up shots, and hardly ever driving to the basket. JJ on the other hand was one of the best passers on our team. How many times did JJ hook up with a nice pass to a cutting Gortat all last year. It was something that Vince could not do anymore. So now with JJ gone who is going to come off the bench for Vince when he goes Wince Carter on us? If we keep Lewis at PF then that means either Q or Peaches is starting. So does that mean Peaches backs up Vince at SG? But then who backs up Q at SF?

Even if we do match on JJ and keep him...how is this years team better? How is this team going to beat LA, Miami, or Boston? We really need some type of change, and it looks like we are not going to get it.

The only thing we can say is.... SVG Sad

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

If we lose JJ...can someone tell me how this years Magic team is better then last years team?

We are going to lose our best defensive wing player and the only guy who cuts to the basket hard in Matt Barnes.

We are going to replace him with Q..who is a better outside shooter, but much worse on D. Also Q cant create his own shot, and is just going to stand behind the 3 point line, Jacking up 3's every now and again.

We then have Vince Carter who is another year older, and another step slower. Basically JJ was our guy in the playoffs, and Vince watched from the bench. Vince was a black hole on offense jacking up shots, and hardly ever driving to the basket. JJ on the other hand was one of the best passers on our team. How many times did JJ hook up with a nice pass to a cutting Gortat all last year. It was something that Vince could not do anymore. So now with JJ gone who is going to come off the bench for Vince when he goes Wince Carter on us? If we keep Lewis at PF then that means either Q or Peaches is starting. So does that mean Peaches backs up Vince at SG? But then who backs up Q at SF?

Even if we do match on JJ and keep him...how is this years team better? How is this team going to beat LA, Miami, or Boston? We really need some type of change, and it looks like we are not going to get it.

Panic

I dont know why I keep falling for these mumbo jumbo. Its my own fault for actually believing what some random internet on message boards says. Nobody here knows anything that is going on with Magic front office, so I should stop believing anything unless its on an actual legitimate site.

I blame nobody but myself for being this gullible.

quote:

I'm forced to believe that you didn't see any of the games this past season. I would post some highlights but that wouldn't mean anything to a clown like you anyway

quote:

Denver wants Gortat why? We want JR and K-mart WHY?

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:

I'm forced to believe that you didn't see any of the games this past season. I would post some highlights but that wouldn't mean anything to a clown like you anyway

You mean how Richardson is a great replacement for Barnes. Your right on that point.

And that because Redick is so much better and improving every year we keep him, and finally get rid of Wince aka Trade Bait before the half way point this year.

Yes you are right.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

Denver wants Gortat why? We want JR and K-mart WHY?

Denver is ACHING for bigs, specifically of the center position.

We take a guy who is dynamite from 3 and can attack when needed, also a pesky defender. K-Mart is still good for 10/7 a game with good defense. Both are expiring so it helps us financially after this year.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

We take a guy who is dynamite from 3 and can attack when needed, also a pesky defender. K-Mart is still good for 10/7 a game with good defense. Both are expiring so it helps us financially after this year.

That's fine and all, but I was was under the impression that Smith was a chucker with psychological issues and that Martin has become very limited by injuries? I'm not certain about Martin. I haven't been keeping up with him, but he used to be one of my favorite players whe he was with the Nets.