Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

Expect Gortat to be traded Tuesday

Gortat's BYC ends on Tuesday. The trade may be leaked before then, but won't be official until Tuesday. Expect him (plus fillers) to get traded to Minnesota for Al Jefferson and Corey Brewer. More updates to come...

not that I believe this, but when does BYC status end; 1 full calendar year or when the new FA period starts?

... 'and fillers' ? also how would Al play with Dwight (yeah SF-PF-C = Shard-Al-Dwight), both need room in the low post to operate. Also i'm kinda critical of all rumours right now; i'll believe it when i see it.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Per Coon's FAQ:

A player remains a base year player for six months, or until June 30, whichever comes later.

thanks Rev

quote:
Originally posted by John Tropic:

... 'and fillers' ? also how would Al play with Dwight (yeah SF-PF-C = Shard-Al-Dwight), both need room in the low post to operate. Also i'm kinda critical of all rumours right now; i'll believe it when i see it.

From what I remember, Jefferson has a decent mid-range jump shot. I think that would be a must if the plan next season is to bring in a new PF to move Rashard to the 3.

Just scared of how injury prone Jefferson is. I'm not going to go and look up his injury history but it seems like he's up there with Yao and Bynum as big men that miss significant time to injury every year.

I can't complain if this trade does in fact happen though, although I'm skeptical on how Jefferson and Dwight would coexist.