quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

quote:

According to what I read it is a front loaded deal. Take the hit in the first year and move on.

I've read that term "front loaded" a lot this week. What exactly does that mean?

It means it's heavier on the front than on the back, the same as front-loaded means when it's used to describe anything.

More money the first year, less money at the end of the contract.

I forget, what percentage does it have to be within each year? Isn't it something like 15%?

There's a rule for maximum raises per year. I don't know if there even IS a maximum decrease per year. I can't imagine there is.

there is. To prevent weird situations the maximum decrease is 8%. It operates exactly like a regular contract just paid in reverse.

In that case, if the deal is really 19 over 3, the deal is most likely 6.84m, 6.33m, 5.83m, with whatever signing bonus Chicago throws out included in the first year.

What amazes me is how some people think it's their money to spend by trying to manage the Magic's checkbook and decide how they spend their money. They have the Amway Center to fill this season and JJ puts people in the seats. Who else gets as much applause when he enters a game other than Brandon Bass and that's only because he's rarely in a game.

JJ could have folded after the 1st-2nd year and could have given up but he didn't. He proved to the Magic and the NBA that he could play at the NBA level. And he'll only get better. How anyone thought he would be offered less money is beyond me. The Bulls had to offer money that the Magic couldn't match in order to get him. It's time to pay up.

To have to replace JJ would set the Magic back another year with a new SG playing behind Vince who has to learn the system and how to play for SVG. Not to mention stepping in when Vince goes down with an injury which is bound to happen. With JJ you get familiarity and a rare commodity in his basketball IQ and bottomline love for the game.

If JJ goes to the Bulls, the Redick-Korver duo is a no brainer. This adds two guys with experience, dead-eye 3 point shooting and are still young enough to bring it every night.

Basement bargains aren't always what they're cracked up to be. You get what you pay for and if the Magic don't match, they'll wind up with a low priced-minimally acceptable player.

JJ gets the most applause because he's white. I don't think attendance will take a hit if he's gone next year.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

JJ gets the most applause because he's white. I don't think attendance will take a hit if he's gone next year.

No Comment

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

No Comment

That is a comment. I'm not being outlandish here. Anyone who has been to any Magic games knows what I'm talking about.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

quote:

According to what I read it is a front loaded deal. Take the hit in the first year and move on.

I've read that term "front loaded" a lot this week. What exactly does that mean?

It means it's heavier on the front than on the back, the same as front-loaded means when it's used to describe anything.

More money the first year, less money at the end of the contract.

I forget, what percentage does it have to be within each year? Isn't it something like 15%?

There's a rule for maximum raises per year. I don't know if there even IS a maximum decrease per year. I can't imagine there is.

there is. To prevent weird situations the maximum decrease is 8%. It operates exactly like a regular contract just paid in reverse.

In that case, if the deal is really 19 over 3, the deal is most likely 6.84m, 6.33m, 5.83m, with whatever signing bonus Chicago throws out included in the first year.

This comes from fanhouse

"J.J. Redick, the Duke product lottery pick who broke out in Orlando over the last two seasons, signed an offer sheet with the Chicago Bulls Friday. The offer is worth $19 million over three years, and is said to be frontloaded, which would put the cash output in 2010-11 at roughly $8.5 million. (The cap impact would be just $6 million.) It'd take a small miracle (or at least a couple painful trades) for the Magic to get under the luxury tax threshold next season. As such, matching the Redick offer would end up adding $6 million onto the team's tax bill, in addition to the $8.5 million paid in salary to the guard."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...for-new-homes/#cntnt

bravlady, with all do respect, I think Jameer, Dwight, VC, and Rashard all put more people in attendance individually than JJ. Yes, he does appeal to fans, but so didn't Carlos Arroyo. He is a fan favorite, but I don't think it will effect a mass amount of people flocking to games next season. People come to games to watch the Magic win, not to see JJ Redick play.