Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Denton: Magic Talk Turkoglu

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

When has Otis EEEEEVVER been so open about a possible trade discussion? Think about it.

Smokescreen.

LOL @ TOR fans saying Gortat/Pietrus/#29 for Turk.

QFT

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Would the possible arrival of CP3 if we can trade okafor to canada, not be a big enough addition?

Not bad thinking: VC and Meer for CP3 and Okafor.

Then Okafor to Raptors for Turk. Turks contract runs out at the same time as Rashards AND Howard. We would be set up for a major FA player with Howard as our attraction to come here.

Now the roster would be extremely upgraded, resign JJ, Barnes, and go for Travis Outlaw

Only player I would be sad to see go is Meer because he is a really great guy.

I wrote this in the other thread and agree with you. I think Toronto may be that "third team" rumored in the CP3 deal. Just speculation but it makes sense

Anyone who thinks Otis would have let hedo go last year only to acquire him in a trade along with the same exact contract this year is possibly retarded.

It's definitley more then Hedo involved. I love how much of a dick otis is to the media..I am sure they hate it, but he is just doing his job and protecting his current roster from verified trade rumors.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Anyone who thinks Otis would have let hedo go last year only to acquire him in a trade along with the same exact contract this year is possibly retarded.

It's definitley more then Hedo involved. I love how much of a dick otis is to the media..I am sure they hate it, but he is just doing his job and protecting his current roster from verified trade rumors.

You do it to rid yourself of Okafors contract. The contract runs past Howards and Rashards making FA 2013 very difficult for us especially with a potentially shrinking cap. No one is going to take Okafor nless we are taking a bad contract back. Turks runs out at the sametime as Shards and Howards. Think about it contract wise and not player wise.

I would be open for him to come back, This way my Subway Turk-A-Shoe will make sense again, so will all the figurines and crap I have of Hedo.

But seriously, only if he comes with Bosh...this won't happen, so no

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

You do it to rid yourself of Okafors contract. The contract runs past Howards and Rashards making FA 2013 very difficult for us especially with a potentially shrinking cap. No one is going to take Okafor nless we are taking a bad contract back. Turks runs out at the sametime as Shards and Howards. Think about it contract wise and not player wise.

Yeah man..I know this. Some people are thinking we are just trading for Turk only and that's ludacris.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Otis doesn't want Turk back - but he's a better option for this team than Okafor is.

Maybe off the bench, but I think we're better off resigning Barnes than bringing Turk back.

Turk was never fast to begin with, but he's lost a step or two, and he's lazy. I personally don't miss watching him hog the ball and chuck garbage shots up.

If it's the only way to get Bosh, then so be it...but I hope Otis isn't considering bringing Turk back as the main piece in a trade with Toronto. That would be extremely disappointing, to say the least.

Speaking of disappointments, Rev, do you anticipate getting an explanation sometime soon from Magical regarding that b.s. last night? I literally wasted my entire day yesterday because I couldn't pry myself away from this board. Just when I was starting to lose hope, you go and post that message from Magical, get everyone beyond excited, and then follow up with....nothing. What's up??? After making such a bold statement, I think he needs to follow up with an explantion.