Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Junkie's info from last night

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

You are the definition of troll. I choose to ignore you.

Hilarious. So now, the guy who questioned everyone's comments regarding Junkie and the state of harassment on this board has now labeled one of our better posters a troll on the basis of a logical response. Perhaps it's better if you take another year long hiatus from the board.

Exactly why i took a 2 year leave of absence off the board, to much name calling, and childish remarks only because someone doesn't share the same belief as u, or the same b-ball or magic iq, i've been a magic fan since the 91-92 season, and am very knowledgeable, but don't make others feel stupid that are not. Anyway's i do have a family and a life so i have to go.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Natesroom:

quote:

Okay so how about this can we have another section dedicated to serious discussion only threads and can we give a few mods discretionary power to remove or delete a thread or a post that we are all willing to live by?

At least we can formulate a series of guidelines that would be posted so those that come on here would be able to read? Maybe even making it unable for individuals to respond unless they had 500 or 1000 posts?

Example being the above 3 posts would be deleted by a mod

Well here is a start Lewis of someway of organizing our board while still offering any newcomers the ability to post automatically in other areas of the board.

i only have power to ammend posts/threads and suspend people...

dont you have the pwer to go into the almighty MODS only area and post?? You could start a thread there with this idea

quote:
Originally posted by Frank'N'Beans:

Exactly why i took a 2 year leave of absence off the board, to much name calling, and childish remarks only because someone doesn't share the same belief as u, or the same b-ball or magic iq, i've been a magic fan since the 91-92 season, and am very knowledgeable, but don't make others feel stupid that are not. Anyway's i do have a family and a life so i have to go.

how can you take a 2 year absence?? You joined exactly 2 years ago to the day!!

quote:

quote:

how can you take a 2 year absence?? You joined exactly 2 years ago to the day!!

lol

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Okay so how about this can we have another section dedicated to serious discussion only threads and can we give a few mods discretionary power to remove or delete a thread or a post that we are all willing to live by?

At least we can formulate a series of guidelines that would be posted so those that come on here would be able to read? Maybe even making it unable for individuals to respond unless they had 500 or 1000 posts?

Example being the above 3 posts would be deleted by a mod

Well here is a start Lewis of someway of organizing our board while still offering any newcomers the ability to post automatically in other areas of the board.

i only have power to ammend posts/threads and suspend people...

dont you have the pwer to go into the almighty MODS only area and post?? You could start a thread there with this idea

the mods area is just a filing cabinet for threads we want to save but not allow on the board. You know, in case curran denies spamming tubgirl or anything.

quote:

name calling gets us no closer to a solution.

so he can call us "simpleminded(it's one word, btw) halfwits" and it's all gravy.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

name calling gets us no closer to a solution.

so he can call us "simpleminded(it's one word, btw) halfwits" and it's all gravy.

no.

quote:

It takes guts to speak out. Thanks for voicing your opinion. It would be helpful for others to say what's on their mind.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

It takes guts to speak out. Thanks for voicing your opinion. It would be helpful for others to say what's on their mind.

Oh yeah Solution. He's a real hero. icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

If you think there should be more discussion about basketball related things, start it up. Don't sit on the sidelines complaining that there is too much of something else. Be active. Don't ***** about something, effect change. Do something about it.

In my estimation, the time to effect change passed about 1 year ago. Take a look back at my posting history. I have probably only posted a few dozen times in the last 6 months as a result of the nonsense that would take place in every thread - despite my efforts to engage in basketball discussion. Want proof? Or care to finger the offenders? Just pull up the Chris Paul thread or any thread over 200 posts and count the amount of nonsense posts and who the perpetrators are. If we can all generate spread sheets and formulas that denote every aspect of basketball, it should be a simple exercise to grade a member's quality of posts.

Smack, that's you, on an individual level, and I know you've made the effort, but there are several other people here with the same complaint that have not. I would have to think if there was a size able group of people who were aching for more basketball discussion on an in depth level, they would jump on any threads that were talking ball in earnest. Problem is, they have not been. Look at Osprey's thread for example. That was a great wrap up of the season/grading discussion that none of the people complaining for more basketball discussion took part in.

It makes the think, for the most part, that a lack of in depth basketball discussion isn't the real issue (for the most part, because I am absolutely positive that it IS the issue where you are concerned). Seems like most of the fingers are pointing to a particular person even though their "complaint" says different.

I think the real truth of the matter has more to do with the team in general than the forums. The team winning changed this forum. Most of the older debates used to be over the direction of the team, what we really needed to get better, etc. Now that we have moved into the position of becoming an elite team in the league, those types of discussions have lessened considerably, and for good reason. Another factor of our success has been an influx of new posters. With this population explosion comes an adjustment period on the forums. Normally, new posters would be the vast minority, and would adapt to the overall tone of the forum. This time, because of the teams success, there was a massive influx of new blood, and they latched onto what they liked on the forums and became a driving force for the changes we see here today.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

If any of you schmucks start suggesting I do this for a "post count" then I will easily delete this name and start a new one.

Seriously. You are morons.

Havent you already done that with multiple troll accounts? Seriously man, just get some exercise or something. You have posted in every thread ever put up here in the last few years. Your post count should be a wake up call for an intervention. I'd rather be a moron then spend my life on a message board, but that's just me, I'm wild like that and like to see sunlight.

LOL. Name calling huh? Yes Catman. You know me. Please tell me more about myself. I beg of you. Idiot.

Seriously. Can we just ban this clown?

What would I get banned for exactly...calling you out? Grow up. I know you are mad, but calling me a clown and an idiot is only going to get you suspended.