Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

This is an unprecedented collaboration of marquee free agents. It can be argued that LeBron and Wade are the two best players in the world. Add in Bosh, a top 5 PF, and it's just gravy. It will be interesting to see how they work out together and how the roster fills out in the coming years.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I think people are upset because they feel like somehow the rules were circumvented and this whole thing was planned long before free agency even started. Couple that with "The Decision" and I can see why people feel so strongly about what Miami did.

The Lakers a couple of years ago only traded for Pau Gasol because Andrew Bynum got hurt. If he never gets hurt who knows if they make that trade.

The Celtics traded Al Jefferson and pieces for Garnett and the number 5 pick (Jeff Green) for Ray Allen. They gave up tangible assets in those deals plus Rondo barely played the year they won the title.

Also a lot of guys like Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Chauncey Billups, Tayshaun Prince, Ben Wallace, etc. of other championship teams you do not see coming. They were either late round picks that blossomed or guys who bounced around and finally found the right situation.

We have never seen 3 guys in their primes come together like this.

I do not think it will ruin the NBA but again I can see why people have a problem with it.

QFT

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

We are talking about at least 2 teams that will be doormats next season thanks to this year's free agency period and that's not even taking into account a potential Paul trade.

Well, I'd like to think it goes both ways. I can't speak for Cleveland because I believe they did everything in their power to retain LeBron, but Colangelo completely mismanaged Bosh's situation by surrounding him with a terrible cast of complimentary pieces. It serves as a notice that, as a GM, you need to do anything in your power to keep your star player happy, or else face the consequences of his departure.

And I think you're severely underrating the Cavs. I'm sure the Raptors will be somewhere near the bottom, but I wouldn't be shocked if Cleveland made it anywhere from 6-8 in the conference.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Like I said. We are not getting CP3.

That's a bold statement if I've ever heard one.

Exactly... what is that based on?

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Like I said. We are not getting CP3.

That's a bold statement if I've ever heard one.

Exactly... what is that based on?

We are the Orlando Magic. Good things like this never happen to us.

I said it during the first cp3 hype. If we get Chris Paul I will happily remove three of my own vertebrae, curl my spine backward, and eat my own ***. Sig that.

I'd also like to add that the Heat situation is so highly controversial simply because of the caliber of these players. If say, Iguodala, Ellis and David Lee collaborated to join a team together, you wouldn't hear so much as a peep from the media, even if tampering and disloyalty were prevalent topics.

Whether or not you believe LeBron is tainting his legacy by carving an easier path to the Finals, it's silly to criticize him for going through with an opportunity that isn't presented to many players. I find it humorous that people tend to glorify players who take pay cuts to help increase the talent level on their team, but are now chastising the Heat trio for carrying out a similar act.