Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by LJ Magic:

Forgive me if somebody has made this point already. Otis said that he has talked to Toronto about Turkoglu. Since Bosh is rumored to be as good as gone that will leave Toronto with a big hole in their front court. Bargnani is better suited to play power forward and needs a defensive rebounder type to play with. Is it possible that Otis has talked to Toronto about an Okafor/Turkoglu swap? Is Toronto that "third team" everyone is talking about? I think it makes sense. We would trade Vince and Nelson for Chris Paul and Okafor and then send Okafor to Toronto for Turkoglu.

We would have a point guard and swing man, Toronto gets a big defensive player to team with Bargnani and New Orleans gets players and cap flexibility. If so this could be held up until the Bosh situation sorts itself out. It was just a thought. What do you guys think?

So our roster would be:

STARTERS

G - Chris Paul

G - JJ Redick

F - Hedo Turkoglu

F - Rashard Lewis

C - Dwight Howard

BENCH

G - Jason Williams

G - Mickael Pietrus

F - Mickael Pietrus

F - Ryan Anderson, Brandon Bass

C - Marcin Gortat

As much as I would hate to see Turk come back, because then everyone on TV would say "Told you they couldn't win without Turk!", it wouldn't be the worst idea that has come up in this thread.

Would most certainly have to get a backup PG not named Jason Williams though, unless it's the black one from Duke on ESPN.

Oh Trey.

BPA. Sometimes BPA doesn't always mean he was getting 20/10 in college. The kid was a projected lottery pick this year, and would have been a lock next year. He isn't some scrawny kid from high school. The kid looks legit, and is coming into a perfect situation. He gets to bang with Dwight and company in practice and develop. Much like a guy like Gortat did. And in the greatest of scenarios, he becomes light years above Gortat in a few years, because he has that POTENTIAL.

Otis did great getting value for the 29th pick. It's a low risk/ high reward type of situation, and I for one like it.

To put the icing on the cake, Robinson was a projected lottery pick and 1st rounder much throughout the year. If he gets pushed in the right direction, he could be the steal of the draft. You think Otis would bother drafting a guy if he didn't see potential in him? He could have easily selected a Euro or sold the pick.

Come on man. Look at the big picture.

quote:

Forgive me if somebody has made this point already. Otis said that he has talked to Toronto about Turkoglu. Since Bosh is rumored to be as good as gone that will leave Toronto with a big hole in their front court. Bargnani is better suited to play power forward and needs a defensive rebounder type to play with. Is it possible that Otis has talked to Toronto about an Okafor/Turkoglu swap? Is Toronto that "third team" everyone is talking about? I think it makes sense. We would trade Vince and Nelson for Chris Paul and Okafor and then send Okafor to Toronto for Turkoglu.

We would have a point guard and swing man, Toronto gets a big defensive player to team with Bargnani and New Orleans gets players and cap flexibility. If so this could be held up until the Bosh situation sorts itself out. It was just a thought. What do you guys think?

Turk cannot play in a system where he's not the primary ball handler. He would screw up Chris Paul's flow like he did Calderon's. The only way I see him coming back to Orlando is if it's as a 6th man.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I'm absolutely disgusted with the Magic. We were supposed to trade for Luol Deng, didn't happen. We were supposed to trade for CHRIS PAUL, didn't happen. We were supposed to draft either Quincy Pondexter, Devin Ebanks, or Jordan Crawford, instead we draft some stiff that only played five minutes a game (but it's all good because he went to Kentucky). I'm so pissed right now, Otis Smith can get ****ed. At least the Lakers took Ebanks, I'll have someone to cheer for when I move out there.

Magical <<< TragicFan

It's not even July yet and you already assume that the Magic will do nothing and the inside info is wrong. That's just stupid. It takes time.

Who wants Okafors contract here? You guys need to stop and think about that. That is a really bad contract which could keep us from getting any wing talent.

Also, the local news reported the same thing magical did, just later on. you have that guys name..why don't you go after him too? Weird how that works.

It's June 25th..not July 25th. Whine and complain then if nothing happens. Everyone acts like a bunch of spoiled babies.

I personally like this draft.

I do not think Otis ever felt Orton would fall this low so why bother working him out.

When you are a team that is this good and you are drafting this low there are no sure things.

I mean common fellas. Orton/Robinson have just as much of a chance succeeding as do say Poindexter/Brackins.

Also do not undervalue Stan's ability to coach. Look at what he has done for Gortat, Turk, and the list could go on and on.

He gets every single bit of talent out of you that he can.

quote:

quote:

So our roster would be:

STARTERS

G - Chris Paul

G - JJ Redick

F - Hedo Turkoglu

F - Rashard Lewis

C - Dwight Howard

BENCH

G - Jason Williams

G - Mickael Pietrus

F - Mickael Pietrus

C - Marcin Gortat

As much as I would hate to see Turk come back, because then everyone on TV would say "Told you they couldn't win without Turk!", it wouldn't be the worst idea that has come up in this thread.

Would most certainly have to get a backup PG not named Jason Williams though, unless it's the black one from Duke on ESPN.

Something like that. We would still have the MLE to fill out the bench. I just think it makes some sense. Okafor is a really bad contract so to trade him off somewhere we are going to have to take on a really bad contract. Turkoglu's deal, unfortunately, seems to fit the bill and everyone knows Toronto has tried to move it already. If I'm Toronto I don't do that trade until I find out Bosh is gone for sure and no sign and trade options work.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

I'm absolutely disgusted with the Magic. We were supposed to trade for Luol Deng, didn't happen. We were supposed to trade for CHRIS PAUL, didn't happen. We were supposed to draft either Quincy Pondexter, Devin Ebanks, or Jordan Crawford, instead we draft some stiff that only played five minutes a game (but it's all good because he went to Kentucky). I'm so pissed right now, Otis Smith can get ****ed. At least the Lakers took Ebanks, I'll have someone to cheer for when I move out there.

Magical <<< TragicFan

It's not even July yet and you already assume that the Magic will do nothing and the inside info is wrong. That's just stupid. It takes time.

Who wants Okafors contract here? You guys need to stop and think about that. That is a really bad contract which could keep us from getting any wing talent.

Also, the local news reported the same thing magical did, just later on. you have that guys name..why don't you go after him too? Weird how that works.

It's June 25th..not July 25th. Whine and complain then if nothing happens. Everyone acts like a bunch of spoiled babies.

If RDV really wants to spend money to win a title, prove it. If Otis can't find a suitor for Okafor then RDV needs to buy out the contract and send him on his merry way.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Oh Trey.

BPA. Sometimes BPA doesn't always mean he was getting 20/10 in college. The kid was a projected lottery pick this year, and would have been a lock next year. He isn't some scrawny kid from high school. The kid looks legit, and is coming into a perfect situation. He gets to bang with Dwight and company in practice and develop. Much like a guy like Gortat did. And in the greatest of scenarios, he becomes light years above Gortat in a few years, because he has that POTENTIAL.

Otis did great getting value for the 29th pick. It's a low risk/ high reward type of situation, and I for one like it.

To put the icing on the cake, Robinson was a projected lottery pick and 1st rounder much throughout the year. If he gets pushed in the right direction, he could be the steal of the draft. You think Otis would bother drafting a guy if he didn't see potential in him? He could have easily selected a Euro or sold the pick.

Come on man. Look at the big picture.

Yes. Ths was not a bad pick by any means. The Magic would have taken Crawford or Vasquez, but they were gone.

And how in the world people think the Magic aren't trying to make moves after stockpiling PFs and Cs is beyond me. It is blatantly obvious that we will see a trade made.

quote:

quote:

So our roster would be:

STARTERS

G - Chris Paul

G - JJ Redick

F - Hedo Turkoglu

F - Rashard Lewis

C - Dwight Howard

BENCH

G - Jason Williams

G - Mickael Pietrus

F - Mickael Pietrus

C - Marcin Gortat

You forgot to add Posey to your roster. And, I still think Otis goes after Watson for backup combo guard.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Magical <<< TragicFan

If RDV really wants to spend money to win a title, prove it. If Otis can't find a suitor for Okafor then RDV needs to buy out the contract and send him on his merry way.

Ok, well this kind of logic is so inane that it's not worth debating. I'll just leave it at this : You have no idea what you are talking about and expect way too much out of any owner saying stuff like that.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Magical <<< TragicFan

Ok, well this kind of logic is so inane that it's not worth debating. I'll just leave it at this : You have no idea what you are talking about and expect way too much out of any owner saying stuff like that.

If Washington can buy out Arenas what is stopping Orlando from buying out Okafor? I understand it's not as simple as when they bought out just the final year of Big Z's contract, but I never said it was simple. It is however, possible.

Jareth, you got me feeling good about our picks. I'm not a college bball follower, so I knew nothing about these players. If you, and Catman, and everyone else's confidence are correct, about our picks, I'll be a happy man.

Besides, I saw we got a "B" grade for our draft.