Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Where is Moldy Hobo?

hopefully, preparing to show his moldy self very shortly

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Where is Moldy Hobo?

he showed up earlier in the thread, and said he knew nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Hotshot Hower:

quote:
Originally posted by ohiomagicfan:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfanejc42:

quote:

let both side's (Bower and Otis) talk, it's Sunday for pete sake..

The T(urk)PE expires July 9th and Free Agency starts July 1st. I bet Otis is "firing" hard to get something finished before July 1st

I can't wait until we get our next update on things. I have constantly checked this thread.(Even though I know nothing will pop up during the weekend.)

I believe the TPE could also net us Shawn Marion, plus weren't there rumors of a Pietrus & Gortat for Caron Butler swap?

So, TPE+Pietrus+Gortat for Marion+Butler?

TPE can't be combined with package of players or assets. I understand your logic, just can't happen. Think of it like a rebate check for $6.9M but we only are able to absorb a single contract worth up to no more than $6.9M.

So a Pietrus/Gortat package could certainly net us a Caron Butler imo (especially how Gortat ironically signed the Mid-Level offer with Dallas, we then later matched)

I don't want Marion, he's ineffective (as we saw in Miami and now, Dallas) and certainly on the "decline"..

smile_svgsad.png

it would be tpe for marion then tat/pietrus-butler

Exactly, 2 deals like it was rumored we'd do with NO in giving the TPE for Posey and then Carter/Nelson for Paul.

Anyway:

pg: Jameer Nelson - (free agent)

sg: Vince Carter - J.J. Redick

sf: Caron Butler - Shawn Marion - Stan Robinson

pf: Rashard Lewis - Brandon Bass - Ryan Anderson

ce: Dwight Howard - (free agent) - Daniel Orton

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The T(urk)PE expires July 9th and Free Agency starts July 1st. I bet Otis is "firing" hard to get something finished before July 1st

I can't wait until we get our next update on things. I have constantly checked this thread.(Even though I know nothing will pop up during the weekend.)

I believe the TPE could also net us Shawn Marion, plus weren't there rumors of a Pietrus & Gortat for Caron Butler swap?

TPE can't be combined with package of players or assets. I understand your logic, just can't happen. Think of it like a rebate check for $6.9M but we only are able to absorb a single contract worth up to no more than $6.9M.

So a Pietrus/Gortat package could certainly net us a Caron Butler imo (especially how Gortat ironically signed the Mid-Level offer with Dallas, we then later matched)

I don't want Marion, he's ineffective (as we saw in Miami and now, Dallas) and certainly on the "decline"..

smile_svgsad.png

Exactly, 2 deals like it was rumored we'd do with NO in giving the TPE for Posey and then Carter/Nelson for Paul.

Anyway:

carter/nelson for paul wouldn't work under the CBA.

I can't take this. Otis knows 1 or 2 teams are going to be forming a dynasty with all these free agency hoopla this year. He knows VC isn't going to do the trick

I am beyond excited at this point. I need answers.

I've been reading/thinking about this...

Isn't EVERY team essentially in the Lebron/Bosh sweepstakes?

They arent going to leave all of that money on the table, if they go anywhere its going to be via S&T. It all depends on if Cleveland/toronto wants a GIGANTIC TPE or if they would settle for players coming back.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I can't take this. Otis knows 1 or 2 teams are going to be forming a dynasty with all these free agency hoopla this year. He knows VC isn't going to do the trick

I am beyond excited at this point. I need answers.

Agreed, it's hard to sleep thinking of the teams possibilities.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

smile_svgsad.png

Anyway:

carter/nelson for paul wouldn't work under the CBA.

I think posey would be involved as well...