Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I think people are going to be disappointed with what Chris Paul actually puts out on the floor in our offense.

Jameer is a very good PnR player and a better shooter than Chris Paul. And having high steal totals doesn't equal good defender.

If you think Stan is going to run the offense that they do in NOLA then you're mistaken. This will still be Dwight's team and we will look to post him up first and foremost, relegating Paul to a spot up shooter on many possessions.

Are you suggesting Chris Paul isn't a good pick and roll player?

Not at all. But NOLA doesn't feature a player like Howard who demands the ball in the post, nor do they run an inside out offense in which the PG MUST be able to shoot the three at a good percentage.

CP3 would be deadly on the PnR, but I'm just not sure that difference will matter more because of our offense.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

i dont want to read 50 pages of drivel, can somebody summarize todays rumors?

possible hold up in Paul trade is taking on Okafur.

Paul deal is agreed to, and will be announced tonight.

deal for Deng is in the works (coming from several sources).

pat williams tweeted something big is gonna happen tonight.

Wow at this.

If this is true, i'm not sleeping. I'll be far too excited.

EXCLUSIVE view of the Amway Arena Board... PIC TAKEN 5 MINUTES AGO! 2008-03-06-duncannon-senior-citizens-center-01a.jpg

They got alot of gifts from Boston, thanking them for letting them go to the Finals.

Here's my concern: The Magic seem to be on lock-down, which means they want to announce the trade later tonight. If CP3 can't be traded until the 30th, then they couldn't announce anything about Paul officially anyway, could they?

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Here's my concern: The Magic seem to be on lock-down, which means they want to announce the trade later tonight. If CP3 can't be traded until the 30th, then they couldn't announce anything about Paul officially anyway, could they?

washington just announced a trade that cant happen until july 8th.

heinrich.

quote:

they can announce that they've come to an agreement. they just can't submit the paperwork to the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

The Deng for Gortat/Pietrus rumor is hot. Rev said RDV was buzzing today, Pat Williams hinted at something big. The general feeling is Otis has something up his sleeve.

as usual i feel we are in for a let down, other teams simply can make better offers for cp3, and taking deng helps facilitate lebron and bosh to chicago, do we really want that?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

washington just announced a trade that cant happen until july 8th.

heinrich.

I like to hear that.

Yes, they could, it just wouldn't be official until the 30th.

That is, unless they actually worked around the BYC status. It isn't that he CAN'T be traded, it is just difficult to do until the 30th.

Man, I haven't been glued to this place in a while. Can't wait for the draft, so we can see some of this talk finally come true. Like Paul in a trade. Maybe Haslem at the 4 and move Shard to the 3. I'd like to see JJ back as well.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

possible hold up in Paul trade is taking on Okafur.

Paul deal is agreed to, and will be announced tonight.

deal for Deng is in the works (coming from several sources).

pat williams tweeted something big is gonna happen tonight.

Wow at this.

Man i call BS on that, u take Okafor to get Paul everyday of the week and 6 times on sunday. there is no way anything is agreed to, without any leaks to media