Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

I think you might have to question your sources credibility if this is happening before Paul meets with management on Monday unless CP3 has already made his mind and this is just preparation for Monday. I don't see how NOLA would be willing to do this trade before the meeting either.

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

from Fishybasi

"Got this text from my friend: "Magic willing to let go of Nelson. Nelson and Carter for CP3 in the works as we speak ... "

My friend has known this for a while. This is going to happen sooooon."

I know you mean well, but come on... he said the same thing on draft night, and just admitted in that thread he started that it wasn't real then, but you are supposed to believe him now.

He thought something was to happen that night, because it involved a draft pick, but the magic was not able to get a lower pick trade and NO waited.

So, I'm just reporting what he said. Magic "more open" to losing Nelson now I guess?

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

Post of his actual text.

we don't doubt you received a text, it's the content of the text that causes disbelief

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

I would like to know how you are getting a text of us working a deal to acquire cp3 before cp3's meeting with management in NOLA on monday.

From Simmons Mailbag on ESPN....

quote:
Q: In a few of your July 21 tweets you tweeted how the Celts could trade Rondo and a few other pieces for CP3 and possibly Emeka Okafor. My question is: Are you on drugs? The reason New Orleans would jump on that is because they know (and so does everyone else who has sense) that Paul is the fourth-best point guard in the league, behind Deron Williams (No. 3), Rondo (No. 2), and LeBron (No. 1), assuming of course that LBJ does in fact slide into the Magic Johnson-esque point-forward role.

-- Steven, Jupiter, Fla.

SG: Apparently I was on drugs: In a rare error for the Picasso of the Trade Machine (I blame a bad batch of coffee), I forgot that Rondo was a base-year compensation guy thanks to last season's extension, making it impossible cap-wise for Boston to deal him without a third team getting involved. And we all know menage-a-trades never work in the NBA. I do think Boston would have considered it because of what happened in the 2010 Finals (when Kobe played eight feet off Rondo in Game 7 and grabbed 15 rebounds because of it), because of Paul's brilliance in 2008 and 2009 (when he slapped together the best back-to-back statistical seasons by any point guard since Oscar Robertson), and because Paul would solve their crunch-time woes. We'll never know, though.

One more note: New Orleans can't trade Paul unless it dumps Okafor's contract (four years and $52 million remaining) and maybe even every other bad contract it has (one year of Peja Stojakovic for $14.3 million; two years of James Posey for $13 million). That rules out every suitor except Oklahoma City (this trade plus two No. 1 picks, which hinges on Paul agreeing to play for another small-market team); Orlando (who couldn't give New Orleans a blue-chipper, but could take back every bad contract with this trade); Portland (this trade plus picks, money and Greg Oden's cell phone); Houston (this trade plus New York's pick in 2011 or 2012 and $3 million, with the caveat that New Orleans buys out Yao and he re-signs with Houston); Dallas (two deals: Tyson Chandler for Okafor and $3 million, then this deal with Dallas throwing in another $3 million); and New York (this trade plus $3 million).

So if they're really trading him -- and by the way, he wanted out five weeks ago -- we're about to find out what's important to Mr. Paul. If he wants to win titles, he pushes for Oklahoma City or Orlando. If he wants to be famous in a big market, play D'Antoni Ball and throw alley-oops to Amare Stoudemire as MSG goes bonkers, he pushes for New York. Either way, I think he's gone.

(Note: That sudden silence you hear is five million Knicks fans being unable to breathe.)

Guys, fishybashi is a long time member on this forum. He gets mad honeys and has a cell phone. Can we please not doubt his information that he keeps begging other people to confirm for him? It's concrete OK? Show some friggin respect.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Guys, fishybashi is a long time member on this forum. He gets mad honeys and has a cell phone. Can we please not doubt his information that he keeps begging other people to confirm for him? It's concrete OK? Show some friggin respect.

LOL. Seriously, though, I believe my friend. Oh well.... Let's see what happens! I'm excited!

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Gets mad honeys and has a cell phone?

Is he a late 80s rap star?

That would officially put him on the map as a credible source if this is true.

All hail fishy.

Bill Simmons just hit a new low. He said on Cowherd just now that Gallinari is more attractive for New Orleans than Jameer Nelson.

"How do you offer Jameer Nelson to your fans? At least with Gallanari you can say, 'Look at his shooting percentage. He's a potential All-Star.'"

Um...Bill, Jameer IS an All-Star.