Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Jameer Endorses Dominique Jones

So ESPN the Magazine did this thing where they asked players from each team to make a pick for their team and here is what Jameer says. Also Chad Ford seems to love the pick.

quote:
29. Orlando Magic | Dominique Jones, SG, South Florida

"You always want guys with a knack for filling up the basket, and that's something Jones [11 25-point outings last season] can do. I'm sure we'll be put over the edge by our pick. Once he learns the pro game, DJ is a guy who could help keep us there."

--Jameer Nelson, Magic, G

"So the Magic get blasted in the Eastern Conference finals and it's the 29th pick in the draft that puts them over the edge. I like Dominique Jones, but he couldn't put South Florida into the tournament. I don't think he's the catalyst that delivers Orlando the ring."

--Chad Ford

2 shoot first point guards on one team.

Interesting.

Ha-Ha.

Drain-O, you beat me to it! Unfortunately, Dominique hasn't worked out for the Magic and doesn't plan to work out for them, either. In talking with him, I couldn't quite figure out whether that is his decision or Otis' decision.

If he's available at 29, we have to take him.

If we were to get Dominique Jones, I'll be fine with him being the main back-up.

dominque jones is a scorer, he is not a point guard. He plays on a terrible team where i go to school, you feel bad watching him play with the players around him. He will be a good player he is real strong, good defensively, just needs to work on his long range shot.

The Magic should make a 3 team trade with the Nuggets and bulls.

The bulls trade Deng to the Nuggets in exchange for Rendo Blackman, Koby Carl, J.R. Smith, and Brian Butch.

Then the Magic trade the trade exeption to the bulls for J.R. Smith, Brian Butch and the 1st round pick they were willing to give to dump Dengs salary.

Then the Magic trade J.R. Smith and Brandon Bass to the Nuggets for Deng.

The Magic get Deng, Brian Butch, and bulls 1st round pick for Bradndon Bass and their trade exeption.

The Nuggets get Brandon Bass for Renldo Blackman, Koby Carl, and Brian Butch.

The Bulls get Renldo Blackman, Koby Carl, and 8,826,461 dollors in cap space for Deng and the 17th pick in the draft.

All three teams win