Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

What do Gator fans think of Donovan returning to college?

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I hope Kobe Bryant rapes him.

Will Shaq be paying hush money??

It really wouldn't surprise me if Shaq was in the whole thing. Him and Fran convinced him. Donovan's such a tool.

It's not the school's fault. I just would never root for them as long as that clown is at the helm. Dude he betrayed the school, then the Magic, then the poor guy who was going to replace him. He comes off looking like the most selfish SOB I have ever seen in sports.

some of you better harrassing billy b/c he lives in the same state! Im a Gator fan leave the guy alone... The Gators are way more important than the Magic. Everywhere you go its Gators its not Magic so just realize what you are saying. Stop and think because Im not thinking your post about kill donavan and rapping kobe is funny I happen to like the guy.

by the way Gators fans love that he is coming back so stop trying to betray as if they dont even want the guy back. Be a Gator fan for a day the guy is huge.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:
How is it Florida's fault? Do you expect Florida to turn him away? Gimme a break.

Also, you say you've rooted for Florida since you moved here, yet you end your post with "GO NOLES!" Nice loyalty. We'll see if you're a Magic fan 10 years from now...

If you think that the UF basketball program had nothing to do with his "change of heart" than you are crazy. He was excited to be here, went back to Gainesville, and got tugged on by Foley and crew. Had UF wished him the best of luck and sent him off on him new challenge in life than he would still be with us.

I don't think that UF did this on purpose, there wasn't any campaign to lure him back. They assumed his decision was made. The article in ESPN says as much. They mentioned that UF wanted the Magic to have the first press conf because they didn't want to steal the Magic's thunder. This was all on Billy. I can't be rational or civil about it, if the shoe were on the other foot I'm sure there would be more than a few UF fans that would be furious.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:
How is it Florida's fault? Do you expect Florida to turn him away? Gimme a break.

Also, you say you've rooted for Florida since you moved here, yet you end your post with "GO NOLES!" Nice loyalty. We'll see if you're a Magic fan 10 years from now...

If you think that the UF basketball program had nothing to do with his "change of heart" than you are crazy. He was excited to be here, went back to Gainesville, and got tugged on by Foley and crew. Had UF wished him the best of luck and sent him off on him new challenge in life than he would still be with us.

I don't think that UF did this on purpose, there wasn't any campaign to lure him back. They assumed his decision was made. The article in ESPN says as much. They mentioned that UF wanted the Magic to have the first press conf because they didn't want to steal the Magic's thunder. This was all on Billy. I can't be rational or civil about it, if the shoe were on the other foot I'm sure there would be more than a few UF fans that would be furious.

And there were, just last week every Gator fan hated the guy for lying to them and jumping ship, now somehow we go from being the gracious winners to being the losers of this situation....

Well magicdude if you like billie jo so much if you RUSH you might be able to beat Kobe, thus avoiding sloppy seconds.....

I WAS A GATOR FAN!!!!!!

I WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT THEM....THEY SHOW NO CLASS....ALOT OF COLLEGE TEAMS HAVE LOST GOOD COACHES, BUT THEY LET THEM GO AND WISHED THEM WELL...THEY DIDNT HAVE A GROUP PITY PARTY....AND CRY....FLORIDA SHOW SOME CLASS.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I'm a Seminole fan so if Donovan returns to UF it will be even easier for me to root against the Gators

We may have silly Ebeef on here, but I am a Nole Alumn and I feel the exact same way.

Let me play Devil's advocate for a moment... It works both ways, John The Jerk. If I'm not mistaken, The Magic signed a contract with Brian Hill for more than 2 years... are they then guilty of the same trespasses as Billy Donovan?

Also, as a Gator, I did not feel betrayed by Billy's decision to leave. I was upset, for sure, but after thinking it through a bit, I realized the Gators would be fine with Anthony Grant at the helm. I was still a bit weary, I must admit, about Billy's ability to coach at the NBA level. Billy has said on the record that he would like to be an NBA assistant before becoming a coach to learn the nuances of the game... That doesn't sound like someone whom I'd feel comfortable about taking over MY favorite NBA franchise. I think we're better for it, Magic fans... Someday you'll see it my way. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Maitland Magic, you are an idiot.

Being fired is a clause in a contract. It happens multiple times a year every year to coahes. How many times has someone backed out on their word in a situation like this?

Not many.

It's just funny how a classless gaytor like you can come on here and try to rationalize a completely cowardly act. Because that is what Billy is, a coward who got scared of the big leagues after committing himself to them.

You are basically making your school look even more ridiculous by defending Billy. No one sees it your way, except the other gaytor losers drinking the koolaid. Why dont you guys go get some AK47s and fire off some rounds too before you call it a night?

quote:
Originally posted by magicdude:

some of you better harrassing billy b/c he lives in the same state! Im a Gator fan leave the guy alone... The Gators are way more important than the Magic. Everywhere you go its Gators its not Magic so just realize what you are saying. Stop and think because Im not thinking your post about kill donavan and rapping kobe is funny I happen to like the guy.

You really are one of the most ignorant, stupid so called "fans" on this board. Do you realize that despite his love for UF he completely screwed the Magic in the ***?

This guy is going to be the most hated figure in Magic organization history since Shaq! But at least Shaq got us to the finals!