Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

What do Gator fans think of Donovan returning to college?

quote:
Stay Classy, Orlando

Piss off, Maitland. You and your 15 posts. Go to the GatorBoard and slap it around for a while like the rest of yous.

quote:
Originally posted by MaitlandMagic:

Stay Classy, Orlando.

Why should we? Billie wasn't.

My fantasy scenario now:

Rich DeVos instructs VanderWeide to NOT let Billie out of her contract, saying he would rather eat the 27.5 million than let this lady make a fool of him. Then instructs VanderWeide to go ahead and hire Stan Van Gundy to actually coach the team.

Billie then would be under contract to the Magic, preventing her from being a head coach anywhere else (including Gainesville) for 5 years.

Her only job would be to get coffee for Brian Hill and Pat Williams.

She'd be rich, but both she and the Gators would be punished for their underhanded workings.

quote:
Originally posted by MaitlandMagic:

Also, what does all this Billy Bashing do? The comparisons to Nick Saban are ludicrous. Billy did not lie, he merely had a change of heart. Now I will agree that the situation puts Magic fans in a very awkward situation, and I respect your need to vent. I also wish it had not happened this way, but from all accounts, Billy was agonized in his decision from the onset. Perhaps he should have taken more time to arrive at his decision,. Anyone who witnessed his second press conference on Friday can attest to the fact that leaving Florida hurt donovan deeply... DO you really think this was all a ploy to get more money? I'm sorry, but if that's true, he needs to be in Hollywood, not Gainesville. The man went as far as signing a contract with the Orlando Magic... He was not trying to bilk the University of Florida for money. He will most likely make 2 million dollars less (PER YEAR) at UF than he would have as the coach of the Magic, so I think it's pretty safe to say that money wasn't the issue... It was his love for the University of Florida. It was his desire to maintain relationships he has developed in Gainesville. So I ask you one simple favor, fellow magic fans:

Stay Classy, Orlando.

I'm gonna keep this short...**** off

As a Gator and Magic fan I am disgusted with Billy the Bi*ch, firstly he stabs UF in the back after basically commiting to the new contract, then he joins the Magic, stabs them in the back after signing a contract.

On top of that his supposed good friend Coach Grant is the hot pick to take over and he stabs him in the back by calling Foley and telling him to hold off on the offer.

The guy is a coward and a two faced liar, its all about Billy D at the end of the day I say screw the selfish fool!

Oh and what a great example he is setting for potential recruits, "hey, its good, just accept the offer and wriggle out of it later" how ironic the so called "king of recruiting" is the bigesst bailer of them all!

Change of heart or change of mind ... it doesn't matter. Billy should be held professionally accountable for backing out on a very public professional contract. This is not about emotions, it is about losing thousands (perhaps millions) of dollars as an organization b/c of his actions.

Jeeze, guys... How about a little civility? Many of you sound like petulant children. Let me face my critics, one by one...

DJmase20: Wow. Criticizing my 15 posts? Gimme a break, buddy. Does your 804 post somehow make you a more rational person than I? I did not come here to flame... I'm a MAGIC FAN for god's sake... I went to quite a few games this year, despite the fact that I currently live in Gainesville (I am a Senior at UF). The funny thing is, I'm friends with quite a few of your more celebrated posters and they can attest to the fact that I am, indeed, a true magic fan... Not that I would need to prove a thing to someone of your ilk.

MrCharisma: That's clever... I love the word play. Billy = Billie. HA! Do you really think that your solution would benefit the Orlando Magic? Do you really think that the Magic should eat another large contract in the name of spite? I would think someone of your considerable age would show a modicum of maturity (suprise! I read the boards... because I'm a MAGIC FAN!)

Emory889: Very classy, indeed. I was merely answer the question that the thread posed. If I am not mistaken, the thread asked what Magic fans, who happened to be Gators, thought about the recent events... I was unaware that this website need yet another thread bashing Billy Donovan... God knows there is not a dearth of those particular threads.

Adam Magic: I can understand your disgust. This is a real slap in the face for the Orlando Magic Franchise... A franchise which we all know has had it's fair share of disappointments. I feel for you, I truly do. I know that my credibility is severely in question, but I must say that the Orlando Magic are bigger than one coach. Like Billy Donovan said in his Orlando Presser: "I'm just one piece of the puzzle." Let us not forget that we've got a solid, YOUNG team here. I really believe that the hiring of Billy Donovan was not a good move for the Orlando Magic as a franchise. We do not need to experiment with unproven commodities... we have enough of them. We are already a playoff team, and we need a coach with considerable experience in the NBA spotlight. I just hope once this all calms down you fine posters will see the light at the end of the tunnel: You, no, WE will be just fine.

Go Magic

Go Gators.

I've rooted for the Gators ever since I have been in Florida. I hope the basketball program goes to hell in a hand basket. Nothing would please me more than them becoming a horrible team. I could never ever support them ever again. Billy needs to grow some cojones. With that said I can see no reason why the Magic don't just let his sorry *** go and hire SVG. This is unbelievable. Go NOLES!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I hope Kobe Bryant rapes him.

Will Shaq be paying hush money??

It really wouldn't surprise me if Shaq was in the whole thing. Him and Fran convinced him. Donovan's such a tool.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

I've rooted for the Gators ever since I have been in Florida. I hope the basketball program goes to hell in a hand basket. Nothing would please me more than them becoming a horrible team. I could never ever support them ever again. Billy needs to grow some cojones. With that said I can see no reason why the Magic don't just let his sorry *** go and hire SVG. This is unbelievable. Go NOLES!!!

How is it Florida's fault? Do you expect Florida to turn him away? Gimme a break.

Also, you say you've rooted for Florida since you moved here, yet you end your post with "GO NOLES!" Nice loyalty. We'll see if you're a Magic fan 10 years from now...

quote:
How is it Florida's fault? Do you expect Florida to turn him away? Gimme a break.

Also, you say you've rooted for Florida since you moved here, yet you end your post with "GO NOLES!" Nice loyalty. We'll see if you're a Magic fan 10 years from now...

If you think that the UF basketball program had nothing to do with his "change of heart" than you are crazy. He was excited to be here, went back to Gainesville, and got tugged on by Foley and crew. Had UF wished him the best of luck and sent him off on him new challenge in life than he would still be with us.