Sign in to follow this  
Leoben

Marcin Gortat interview for Polish Radio.

It's interview for Polish radio, very amateur translation by polish-english translator and myself, if there are some other Magic fans from Poland who know english better please correct mistakes.

Here's the original: http://www.polskieradio.pl/spo...i/artykul166707.html

Q: How do you assess this season?

MG: You have to recognize team achievements as a failure becouse the goal was NBA championship. In a nutshell - we failed. Right after last whistle I thought myself that this season was same as last one. Statistically here and there was minimal decrease, in other elements I was a little bit better. But when now, after few days of rest and with calm assessement, I think this season was lost/wasted. I didn't realized my dream - didn't get championship. I didn't developed as a basketball player.

Q: No plus sides ?

MG: I've strengthen physically, improved my ranged jumper but still I'm far from what I would like to represent.

Q: It was another season in the shadow of Howard, who probably taught you patience. How long will you be able to withstand this situation ?

MG: My patience has run out and silence about my role on the team. I'm the player which remained in the NBA, which has a certain brand. I think the time has come to be more aggressive and self-confident. I want to be a basketball player also used in the offense, not just on the defense. What will happen in the near future, will I play more minutes, it depends on the coach. Definitely I would like to talk to him about my future.

Q: You stormed through the first two playoff rounds but against Boston they were much better. What happened ?

MG: We faced expierienced team which know how to stand up for themselves. They were in many different situations and knew what to do in order to play the best in most important games. We lacked it. We also lacked the "heart" at the end of the season. We were to confident after first two rounds. This was our downfall. Beginning of the Celtics series was awful, we were sluggish, playing below expectations. Opponents presented steady and high level. They definitely deserved to play in the finals.

Q: Do you have any indications of interest from other teams? Where do you see yourself in next season ?

MG: I see myself in any team in which I will be able to develop and play longer. Does the team will be in Miami, Los Angeles or in the Arctic does not matter. I want to totally fulfill myself in what I'm doing. Information from agent about any possible trades weren't getting to me becouse they couldn't. We have a deal, he only tells me about thing that are one hundred precent certain, irreversible. I'm not interested in speculations and media reports.

Q: What are your types before Lakers-Celtics finals ? For which team do you root ?

MG: I hope Lakers win because I hate Boston, especially now with defeat from few days back fresh in my memory. Lakers have wonderfull star - Kobey Bryant, who in the finals I hope confirm that he's one of the best players in NBA history and will lead his teammates to victory. Boston is certainly not an easy opponent, but Lakers have more advantages. It promises to be very interesting duel, with great emotions and fantastic plays. This finals may be the next ones to go down in history.

Last question was about Marcin going back to Poland nad his basketball camps.

There were also short audio recording played on air.

Gortat said that next few days are going to be tough becouse of meetings with coaching and mengars icon_wink.gif staff, thinks his situation is little bit more secure becouse of long cotract. Marcin also said "I would like to develope as a basketball player so I think my role has to change a little bit, next year I will be more agressive player, for sure you will be able to se Gortat attacking the basket, who can hepl his team not only on defense but also on offense" . Marcin also said few things about summer plans. Shoping in big apple, catching sun on Miami beaches, playing for polish national team and his basketball camps in Poland.

It's interview for Polish radio, very amateur translation by polish-english translator and myself, if there are some other Magic fans from Poland who know english better please correct mistakes.

Here's the original: http://www.polskieradio.pl/spo...i/artykul166707.html

Q: How do you assess this season?

MG: You have to recognize team achievements as a failure becouse the goal was NBA championship. In a nutshell - we failed. Right after last whistle I thought myself that this season was same as last one. Statistically here and there was minimal decrease, in other elements I was a little bit better. But when now, after few days of rest and with calm assessement, I think this season was lost/wasted. I didn't realized my dream - didn't get championship. I didn't developed as a basketball player.

Q: No plus sides ?

MG: I've strengthen physically, improved my ranged jumper but still I'm far from what I would like to represent.

Q: It was another season in the shadow of Howard, who probably taught you patience. How long will you be able to withstand this situation ?

MG: My patience has run out and silence about my role on the team. I'm the player which remained in the NBA, which has a certain brand. I think the time has come to be more aggressive and self-confident. I want to be a basketball player also used in the offense, not just on the defense. What will happen in the near future, will I play more minutes, it depends on the coach. Definitely I would like to talk to him about my future.

Q: You stormed through the first two playoff rounds but against Boston they were much better. What happened ?

MG: We faced expierienced team which know how to stand up for themselves. They were in many different situations and knew what to do in order to play the best in most important games. We lacked it. We also lacked the "heart" at the end of the season. We were to confident after first two rounds. This was our downfall. Beginning of the Celtics series was awful, we were sluggish, playing below expectations. Opponents presented steady and high level. They definitely deserved to play in the finals.

Q: Do you have any indications of interest from other teams? Where do you see yourself in next season ?

MG: I see myself in any team in which I will be able to develop and play longer. Does the team will be in Miami, Los Angeles or in the Arctic does not matter. I want to totally fulfill myself in what I'm doing. Information from agent about any possible trades weren't getting to me becouse they couldn't. We have a deal, he only tells me about thing that are one hundred precent certain, irreversible. I'm not interested in speculations and media reports.

Q: What are your types before Lakers-Celtics finals ? For which team do you root ?

MG: I hope Lakers win because I hate Boston, especially now with defeat from few days back fresh in my memory. Lakers have wonderfull star - Kobey Bryant, who in the finals I hope confirm that he's one of the best players in NBA history and will lead his teammates to victory. Boston is certainly not an easy opponent, but Lakers have more advantages. It promises to be very interesting duel, with great emotions and fantastic plays. This finals may be the next ones to go down in history.

Last question was about Marcin going back to Poland nad his basketball camps.

There were also short audio recording played on air.

Gortat said that next few days are going to be tough becouse of meetings with coaching and mengars icon_wink.gif staff, thinks his situation is little bit more secure becouse of long cotract. Marcin also said "I would like to develope as a basketball player so I think my role has to change a little bit, next year I will be more agressive player, for sure you will be able to se Gortat attacking the basket, who can hepl his team not only on defense but also on offense" . Marcin also said few things about summer plans. Shoping in big apple, catching sun on Miami beaches, playing for polish national team and his basketball camps in Poland.

If we were to get a great deal for Gortat, that made the team better, i'd say ship him because his ambition surely outshines his current role on this team. However, I think this team and Gortat are mutually good for one another.

He's in a situation where he can win a ring and develop into a great scorer/defender alongside Dwight. If a two-towers situation were able to materialize, we'd be really dangerous defensively. Having Dwight chase someone out of the paint to contest mid-range jumpers would be great if Gortat could rotate to the paint for blocked shots.

I think Gortat is good for this team because of the ambition that he talks about. If he really has the heart, has yet to be seen.

i agree that he should've had more of a role on the offensive end. dude has a better o-game than dwight..... he's also a better free throw shooter. but once again.....the coach that you all love so much limited another players role on the team.

but yea its time to let him go so he can start for a team. hopefully the magic get some good players in that trade.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

i agree that he should've had more of a role on the offensive end. dude has a better o-game than dwight..... he's also a better free throw shooter. but once again.....the coach that you all love so much limited another players role on the team.

Yeah, ****, why didn't Stan play our clumsy, brick-handed backup C over our all-world, dominant, determined 5 who was owning the series on both ends?

You really have to try to be this stupid.

quote:

i agree that he should've had more of a role on the offensive end. dude has a better o-game than dwight

Ladies and gentlemen, you have found your new robotmaster, elmayi, mac man, couchcoach (remember him?), trex, etc.

Good lord.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

i agree that he should've had more of a role on the offensive end. dude has a better o-game than dwight

Ladies and gentlemen, you have found your new robotmaster, elmayi, mac man, couchcoach (remember him?), trex, etc.

Good lord.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed I have him on my ignore list now. That's ****ing hilarious.

I hate it but I believe Marcin has played his last game for us. He is by far the best trade asset we have to improve this team.

I am also pretty certain that he and Otis had an a verbal agreement to move him to team where he could start, if he accepted his role as a back up for another year.

Will always be a big fan of the Warlock as a person and player.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I hate it but I believe Marcin has played his last game for us. He is by far the best trade asset we have to improve this team.

I am also pretty certain that he and Otis had an a verbal agreement to move him to team where he could start, if he accepted his role as a back up for another year.

Will always be a big fan of the Warlock as a person and player.

Agreed...

For anyone playing behind Dwight it will be tough .

I don't like Gortat. He regressed from last year and is paid too much. He annoys the **** out of me by constantly dropping passes, his rebounding isn't that good, and he makes a lot of dumb mental mistakes on defense. I thought he was horrible in the ECF.

Really, we could get someone to rebound, get an open dunk here or there on a pick and roll, and play D for a few minutes behind Dwight for a lot less than we are paying Gortat. I'd like him traded, but at the same time, I don't want to just give him away.

quote:

but yea its time to let him go so he can start for a team. hopefully the magic get some good players in that trade.

In Basketball?

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Good lord.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed I have him on my ignore list now. That's ****ing hilarious.

I'm a little disappointed that, having him in my ignore list, I still have to read his words when someone quotes him.

Sorry to see the Warlock go, but the only way his contract would be justified in our team is abandoning the strech 4 system, that is still unlikely right now.