Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Update from Magical

And if we're trading Gortat to get a pick...I hope it's a top 6 pick..because he's not falling anywhere past 7. and i dont see why any team would do that anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

So I guess this Rev guy is pretty legit? I honestly am not around here enough to know his track record.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. It must have happened during one of my sabbaticals.

The vetting process around here is pretty rigorous so I am happy to see this.

I love reading "insider stuff".

I'm REALLY tired of hearing people talk about if we get a traditional four it will clog the floor.

Look at LA. Look at Boston. the two in the finals BOTH have great traditional 4's and have centers that are primarily in the post.

Amar'e has range out to the 3 point.

I would also like to point out, he is just as good defensively as rashard on 4's but he is better at helping the weak side. He also will make the opposing 4 to work MUCH harder on defense.

Amare and Dwight would be a twin towers look that even Robinson and Duncan would be impressed with. They would compliment each other easily because of Dwight's D and rebounding tenacity, and Amare's ability to draw the D away from 5 to 6 feet. I watch the Suns more then any other team besides the Magic and I can say Amare would also be a much more willing passer then you think and when he is not asked to play Center he is far better at D then he is given credit for, and that will only get better with Stan and Dwight, two guys who take D more seriously then anything else.

The other ripple effect is that this would move Rashard down to the SF position which in my opinion will do wonders for him. That would give us the best offensive front court probably in the history of basketball, and with the DPOY as the anchor it will be nothing to scoff at on D as well.

My only caveat is will have to take the number 1 away from Amare. That number carries far too much of a curse in Orlando since Penny.

As for the other names being tossed out? I say meh. Will see.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

The prospect of Bass as our only primary backup C/PF frightens me.

The prospect of anybody caring about your opinion is the same as the prospect of Ed O'Bannon panning out.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

The prospect of Bass as our only primary backup C/PF frightens me.

The prospect of anybody caring about your opinion is the same as the prospect of Ed O'Bannon panning out.

I care about his opinion. smile_sadcrab.gif

would vasquez even be interested in playing for the magic? i hear he's making big money in spain. to sign a rookie contract with the magic would be a bit of a set back for him. but i heard he's balling out there.

his gf will probably tell him no again.

edit: nvm i just read that he's been playing like garbage.