Sign in to follow this  
Berto

The "OFFICIAL" Offseason Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

You can't deny Beasley's talent and he would work very well as a 4 in our system however I think he may just be too much of a headcase for Otis' liking.

TheRevTy mentioned that the Hawks are tired of Josh Smith and want to move Horford to the 4. Perhaps he could be an option? Gortat and MP for Josh Smith? Imagine the weakside D!

J Smooth in the Magic Blue. I'm all for this, I don't know about trading Gortat for him though. We'd need to pick up a backup C/PF from the FA pool.

quote:

You can't deny Beasley's talent and he would work very well as a 4 in our system however I think he may just be too much of a headcase for Otis' liking.

TheRevTy mentioned that the Hawks are tired of Josh Smith and want to move Horford to the 4. Perhaps he could be an option? Gortat and MP for Josh Smith? Imagine the weakside D!

I can deny Beasley's "talent."

He's a jumpshooter with an erratic shot. When he's motivated to take it to the basket he's good, but he never is interested in that. Furthermore he's a loose cannon and a headcase.

I don't want the Magic to consider him unless he's a throw in guy in a trade for Wade.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Beasley would be SVG's first major headache. He plays absolutely no D.

I know but he has amazing raw talent and can shoot. If SVG can get Turk to play D, he can get anyone to play D.

SVG never got Turk to play D.

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:

J Smooth in the Magic Blue. I'm all for this, I don't know about trading Gortat for him though. We'd need to pick up a backup C/PF from the FA pool.

gortat for smith straight up doesn't work. you would need to add another player, probably pietrus to the deal to make the salaries match.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Beasley would be SVG's first major headache. He plays absolutely no D.

I know but he has amazing raw talent and can shoot. If SVG can get Turk to play D, he can get anyone to play D.

SVG never got Turk to play D.

psssh... He blocked Kobe. What do you know?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:

gortat for smith straight up doesn't work. you would need to add another player, probably pietrus to the deal to make the salaries match.

Yeah, I didn't like Magicians idea of Gortat and MP for Smith. And M4G1C, you should be official trade attempt consigliere..you are in my book

Looking forward to the draft and what we could get

Eric Bledsoe:PG/SG 6"1 192 lbs

Willie Warren:PG/SG 6"4 208 lbs

Terrico White:PG/SG 6"5 203

Armon Johnson:PG/SG 6"3 190

i think with 1 of our draft picks we should look to get a 3rd string point guard and asses whom we have as our back up im more than happy for j will to return but to have both him and aj would be dumb.

So what about Salmons?

Here is an excerpt from a discussion around the trade deadline about the Magic possibly acquiring Tyrus & Salmons from the Bulls (who they ultimately gave away).

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I seem to remember A LOT of people being high on Salmons last year as an affordable replacement if we lost Hedo to free agency.

He was much better last year.

Sarcasm?

He played a much larger role on that team with Deng out and Rose not being relied upon as much to dominate the ball.

Salmon's is not being asked to create this year which is leading to more spotup opportunities, which is not his forte. He still plays superb defense and handles the ball well.

His main problem statistically is that he is now that teams 3rd/4th/5th scoring option this year, where as last year he was their 2nd or 3rd option consistently.

Then Salmons goes to the Bucks where he is their #1-#3 scoring option and averages 19.9ppg, 3.2rpg, 3.3apg, on 47% shooting and 39% from three.