Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Red Dead Redemption

This game ****ing rules.

^ multiplayer

^^ game story

The game has pretty much GTA controls, but in the Wild West. The multiplayer for it is ridiculous. It's free roam, so you can run around (or ride around) killing other players, gathering crap, or killing NPCs (which puts a bounty on you and lawmen start chasing you) and you level up. As you gain levels, you also get new weapons, clothing, horses, and so on.

There are also multiplayer matches, and very different types. Capture the bag[flag], gang shootouts, free for all (just tons of people in a town/fields killing each other), and etc.

Oh, and you can also forme posses and either join games or roam around and kill everyone. Gang shootouts are awesome, though.

The map for Red Dead is something like 3x the size of San Andreas.

So, after you buy it, add me on XBL:

pointblankBMP

and let's form a OMMB posse.

This game ****ing rules.

^ multiplayer

^^ game story

The game has pretty much GTA controls, but in the Wild West. The multiplayer for it is ridiculous. It's free roam, so you can run around (or ride around) killing other players, gathering crap, or killing NPCs (which puts a bounty on you and lawmen start chasing you) and you level up. As you gain levels, you also get new weapons, clothing, horses, and so on.

There are also multiplayer matches, and very different types. Capture the bag[flag], gang shootouts, free for all (just tons of people in a town/fields killing each other), and etc.

Oh, and you can also forme posses and either join games or roam around and kill everyone. Gang shootouts are awesome, though.

The map for Red Dead is something like 3x the size of San Andreas.

So, after you buy it, add me on XBL:

pointblankBMP

and let's form a OMMB posse.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Contemplating trading in Arkham and L4D2 to get this. $40 trade in credit at Gamestop.

worth it. I love GTA Wild Wild West...I mean...Red Dead Redemption.

When I saw the game was made by Rock Star I was wondering if it was going to be a Wild West version of GTA. Now that you guy have confirmed it, I'm definitely buying it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Contemplating trading in Arkham and L4D2 to get this. $40 trade in credit at Gamestop.

please dont waste money tradin in games

sell them please

Yep, this game is awesome. Started playing it on thursday. I love games where you can go anywhere you want at anytime. Not played it on xboxlive yet though, need to start levelling up a bit first as I can picture my underleveled character bumping into a posse and get slaughtered lol.

I bought the game Thursday, and am thoroughly enjoying it. I still need to hook up XBox live at my new house, but I'm immensely enjoying the single player.

Someone further along in the game than I am might tell me that you can get one further in the game than I am, but as of now, I'm extremely disappointed that there hasn't been a character outfit in the style of a Clint Eastwood serrape. In a game that is based on Spaghetti Westerns, that seems like it should've been a given.

Also: I just wrote "Clint Eastwood serrape" into a google image search to find a picture of what I'm talking about, and this is the image that came up:

celebrity-pictures-clint-eastwood-macho-poncho.jpg

Awesome.