Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Official Gamethread: Magic at Celts 5/22 8:30 ET

By MP 20:

quote:
Their defensive game plan is solid. I'm not in awe because it's not unbeatable. It's fully in the Magic's control to 1) push the tempo, 2) crash the boards and actually secure loose balls 3) swing the ball on offense to make them move. Not doing any of this allows Boston's defense to become that much better. So some credit, not all. They're loving the lack of activity on offense. All the standing around let's them rest their legs. Their bigs get to save their fouls for Howard. If they start going after it on the offensive end just watch them start grabbing their shorts, leading to missed rotations and wide open shots. Instead they're trying to one-on-one a team that just eliminated Lebron James. They have the bodies for Dwight and they're physical enough to disrupt the perimeter guys. Move the ball and make the right decision and things may start to look easier.

I agree, if the ball is not pushed down the floor and not just ball movement but player movement is not employed then the Magic are playing right into Boston's oldassses.

GO AND RUN MAGIC.

I flew into Puerto Rico from Orlando after game 2 and wasn't feeling in high spirits, but today I feel great..Beautiful women all over the place out here and I am passing that up to stay inside just to watch My Magic play! Im believe in Magic til the very very end! GO MAGIC!!

I'm already in the chat room guys. Thats how dedicated i am. 5 hours before game time.

Good lord, I'm sorry, but *TWO* terrible game thread efforts in a row. Very disappointing. If you don'twant to make one, then don't sign up for it IMO. I miss TrueMagicFan... these playoffs have absolutely nothing on last year's playoffs when it comes to GTs.

So anyway... on to the actual team. Until today, I was all ready to objectively pick another heart-wrenching, close loss to Boston, and then maybe a win in Game 4.

But then I researched what the team's been up to these last three days, and I like it. I like the attitude, and I like the fact that Barnes may actually convince Stan Van Dumby to finally have Barnes cover Pierce and VC cover Allen (DUH!). To me that, turnovers, and more pick-and-rolls instead of forcing the post are the three monstrously big keys in this series.

Between the possible change in strategy and the professionalism by the players in practice/shootaround, not to mention Boston's possible overconfidence, I think the Magic really can pull this out.

Besides, if I predict the Magic lose, and they do, my fiance' will literally kill me, LOL.

Overall, I'm seeing one of the biggest defensive knockdown dragouts of the series, perhaps even "uglier" than Game 1.

Orlando 86

Boston 81

Bold Prediction: Vince Carter scores 28+ points.

I have never heard Dwight so serious about a game as he is today. I think they're all locked in. It's all business tonight. Get 'er done guys!

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

and I like the fact that Barnes may actually convince Stan Van Dumby to finally have Barnes cover Pierce and VC cover Allen (DUH!).

icon_confused.gif

Vince guarding Allen is a disaster waiting to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

and I like the fact that Barnes may actually convince Stan Van Dumby to finally have Barnes cover Pierce and VC cover Allen (DUH!).

icon_confused.gif

Vince guarding Allen is a disaster waiting to happen.

If that disaster does happen i expect vince being benched right away.

"they're the defending conference champs yet they can't seem to do anything right, and vice-versa for Boston" "Boston is man handling and just having their way"

???

Do they know we were outscored by only 7 points in 96 minutes?

You would think we were blown out in the first two games.