Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

Magic vs Celtics

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

If Boston shoots the way they did last night against us this is going to be a tough series. I was debating about which team I would rather see and I think Boston is the better fit for us because it will be a physical series rather than a foul filled one.

I don't think I am going to sleep well for the remainder of the playoffs.

Really, Marc? You're afraid of .442/.294/.636?

Boston had an Ortg last night of around 97. That's pretty terrible. Cleveland was worse, but if Orlando makes Boston consistently play offense like they did last night(read: horribly inefficiently), Orlando is going to steamroll Boston.

I'm nervous about their defense though. It's hard to gauge how good it is, since they've only played 2 one-man teams, but they held both of them to very low scoring output.

Boston's defense is pretty scary and once it sets, we have no chance. They will miss Eddie House though.

We just have to be the better defensive team.

Yeah we certainly should not dismiss the Celtics as a guaranteed win. They have a lot of veteran players who have won a championship, and a young PG who has the ability to be the best in the league. Not to mention a pretty solid bench. This could be a tough series. We won't beat them like we beat Atlanta. That being said, I predict Magic in 5 or 6. LOL. I'm a homer though.

Boston's defense has been fantastic, but I attribute a lot of that to Cleveland's lack of any cohesion throughout the playoffs. They beat Chicago on pure talent alone, otherwise they would've bulldozed through them.

The only Boston player that truly frightens me offensively is Ray Allen. I think he's a terrible matchup for Vince, which is why I propose that we switch Barnes onto Allen, and Vince onto Pierce.

Assuming Dwight plays 37+ minutes, I don't think Rondo will have too large of an impact, though I still think Jameer is gonna have his hands full with him, and vice-versa.

All in all, Magic in 6.

Dwight has to step up if he is a true star in this league and make them pay when he is single teamed. If he cant do that then it will be hard. We still beat them 3 out of 4 but it will be easier if they can get the pass to him when he is in position .

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

What's up with Game 2 on a Tuesday and Game 3 on a Saturday? Seriously? This will be a huge benefit for Boston, giving their old legs that much rest.

It didn't give them that much of an advantage in the last series before Game 3...

Can't wait to see how Dwight plays Perkins, he could win us this series himself, if he can just do the same thing he did to the Hawks. Something tells me Rashard will come up big if this game is close.