Sign in to follow this  
shaky777

what about Chauncey Billups to orlando?

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

If JJ starts, who comes behind him, Keith Bogans? LMAO......... We need a wing scorer and Billups doesnt give us this, we get a leader wow but we need someone who can create there own shot, Billups is so good because he has a team of guys who can create there own shot.

I like Keyon Dooling coming off the bench, or possibly Grant Hill if he decides to return.

PG - Billups

SG - Redick

SF - Ariza

PF - Darko

C - Dwight

You have to admit, that's a pretty attractive lineup: four guys under 23, a veteran point guard, and three outside threats to free up Dwight.

Billy better *teach* JJ, Trevor, Dwight, Jameer, and whoever else is in the mix to create their own shot... or we're toast. With or without Chauncey, Vince, Rashard or whoever else is available.

Mainly I want Vince because he can help Ariza get to that next level, the only way Billups helps Meer get the nxt level is if Jameer gets some shoe extensions.

quote:

but we need someone who can create there own shot,

Donovan will make it possible to free up Redick for shots. Think of Hamilton/Detroit and Reggie/formerly with Indiana how they get/got their shots off.

Donovan said he would do that with pick and rolle, screens, and picks(not reconizeable-of course). A good coach will have plays to do this.

Both players play behind the 3 point line spreading the floor and preventing a sagging defense to guard Dwight.

quote:

Mainly I want Vince because he can help Ariza get to that next level, the only way Billups helps Meer get the nxt level is if Jameer gets some shoe extensions.

I agree. I think that he could teach Trevor a thing or two about creating his own shot. At times, he hesitates and often moves his pivot foot or takes an extra step. Carter's my obvious pick for the three, and to have J.J. back him up...........this team should be a very exciting team to watch next season. I'm looking forward too it.

I'm not sure if Billups is built to run the fast-pace offense everyone is talking about they want the Magic to run. He's not getting any younger.

I've never been a fan of Big Shot I guess he's been so much of a Magic killer over the years I just don't like him lol.

Now imagine how dangerous we'd be with Billups on top of the key and Dwight down low. Throw in Ariza, JJ and another weapon say Carter and we're unbeatable.

I hope Donovan has the sense to start a better defender at PG instead of Jameer... If it weren't for Brian showcasing his shortcomings all season long to every NBA team Nelson could have been pretty decent trade bait.

quote:
Originally posted by LilPenny3000:

I'm not sure if Billups is built to run the fast-pace offense everyone is talking about they want the Magic to run. He's not getting any younger.

play fast and you'll play attractive, play slow and you'll win the championship

about needing a wing scorer... do we really need one? don't forget that with chauncey dwight and darko will score some extra points and chauncey by himself can score 20ppg. a 25-30ppg SG isn't neccessary, somebody who scores his 15-20ppg should be enough

Frankly, the fast and highly energetic pace of the Cavs DID just beat Billups and the Pistons. I agree that Billups looks a lot better in a slower system. Hmmm ...

One guy I want in FA is the guy we simply gave away ... the Frizzy Fro from South America ... Varejao. Love his energy and hustle.

I don't think Chauncy is anywhere on our radar screen. I have been one of the most critical voices against Jameer but I think he will be much better in this system. I also think Travis and Carlos would flourish also. If I was a betting man I'd say we keep our pg's intact and go after that scorer at sg. My preferences are Vince, Wallace then Lewis.

Dertroit will definatly wan't a S&t for billups witch means getting rid of young talent,possibly Jameer,since they already had Carlos,i'd offer Battie and Turk,then that means to aquire another fA we would have to sign staright out,unfortunatly all the key guys we wan't are restricted Fa's and there teams are gonna wan't something in return. If we can get G.Hill to sign for the vet's min,than we have our starting Sf,and Billups,Redick at the G's,Milicic,Howard starting big's,i'll go for that.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

unfortunatly all the key guys we wan't are restricted Fa's and there teams are gonna wan't something in return.

Not true, Billups, Lewis, and Wallace are unrestricted and can play for who ever they want. If Carter opts out, he can too would be unrestricted.

The problem is that there are only 3 teams that are under the cap enough to sign the player without a sign and trade.

The F.A. present teams can include a larger inflater and longer term contract to entice the player to stay.