Sign in to follow this  
KandiKane

All NBA Defensive Teams

Kobe has always been known as a good defender. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but he's made first team for a long time running.

Lebron is not a first team defender. His team defense is good, but he usually defends the weakest position, not the strongest. He uses that to his advantage to get those rundown blocks.

Edit: Bogut should be 2nd team and Josh Smith should be first team. And Wade should be first team with Kobe on 2nd if he really belongs even there.

I know Dwight usually guards the weakest position most games, but that's because most Centers suck. However, no one is afraid to drive on Lebron. Even Lebron is afraid sometimes to drive on Dwight.

Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

LeBron making first team?

This list is a joke. He's a horrid on ball defender.[/quote

But...but..but...he gets chase down blocks remember?

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:

This list is a joke. He's a horrid on ball defender.

The chasedown/come from behind blocks look "sexy"

If you notice, everytime LeBron defensive highlights are shown, it's pure come from behind blocks. And that's about it.

Because he gets torched by the other teams best player when he guards them.

All he does is help defend, and smash the ball like a volleyball serve. The people who voted are morons... I hate them.

Josh Smith should be on first team instead of him and then Thabo should replace Kobe.

Kobe isn't even the best defender on his team and he made first team? This is just arbitrary bull****. I don't have as much of a problem with Kobe being on this list though. At least he's a great defender. I can stomach him on first or second team. LeBron is a HORRENDOUS on ball defender.

Kobe Bryant is actually a great defender, especially for a shooting guard.. his only problem is he needs to be motivated to do it.

LeBron James, to be fair, is a good defender. Is a 1st or 2nd team All-NBA defender? No, and that's the biggest joke of this list. The second biggest joke? Jason Kidd getting 12 votes, 4 of them for first team! RIDICULOUS.

So anyway, here's what I think:

1st Team:

C. Dwight Howard

F. Gerald Wallace

F. Josh Smith

G. Kobe Bryant

G. Rajon Rondo

2nd Team:

C. Andrew Bogut

F. Ron Artest

F. Shane Battier

G. Dwayne Wade

G. Kirk Hinrich

EDIT: Changed my mind, Ron Artest > Anderson "Floppy" Varejao.

In Kobe's younger days when he guarded T-Mac, he sure as hell did a great job. These days not so much.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:

This list is a joke. He's a horrid on ball defender.

The chasedown/come from behind blocks look "sexy"

If you notice, everytime LeBron defensive highlights are shown, it's pure come from behind blocks. And that's about it.

Because he gets torched by the other teams best player when he guards them.

All he does is help defend, and smash the ball like a volleyball serve. The people who voted are morons... I hate them.

Josh Smith should be on first team instead of him and then Thabo should replace Kobe.

Kobe isn't even the best defender on his team and he made first team? This is just arbitrary bull****. I don't have as much of a problem with Kobe being on this list though. At least he's a great defender. I can stomach him on first or second team. LeBron is a HORRENDOUS on ball defender.

If you think Lebron is a horrendous defender, then you are blinded by ignorance.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

In Kobe's younger days when he guarded T-Mac, he sure as hell did a great job. These days not so much.

Good old days...Tmac vs Kobe

I think Lebron's defense is better than you guys give him credit for. He guards several positions (pretty much anywhere but the 5), and not just the team's weakest player.

Howard guarded Z last year in the playoffs against the Cavs. Was he any less of a defender because he didn't man up Lebron? Of course not.

Wade is 10x the defender Kobe is, and that's not saying a lot...

Kobe's there because of seniority. Once you make it to 1st team you pretty much stay there, mainly because people think once a great defender, always a great defender (not true at all).

LeBron shouldn't even be 3rd team. Is he a good defender? YES. For how long? probably 10 minutes. He's lazy and only defends at the end of the 4th quarter (in tight games) or when he sees the opportunities for chase down blocks/weakside help blocks. Other than that, he's not a very good defender. He got blown by Paul Pierce! This guy is a faster/stronger/bigger Mickael Pietrus. His athleticism will make up for his defensive breakdowns, but he's not good enough to be All-NBA Defense.