Sign in to follow this  
London Magic

Dwight Fined 35k For Blog Comments!!

quote:
Originally posted by Mickinator:

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

Until David Stern and his robot buddies are replaced, the NBA will continue to allow terrible reffing.

Even as bad as the calls were against Dwight were this series, nothing was as horrible as the call that happened in the Phoenix vs. Portland series nothing was as horrible as the call that happened in the Phoenix vs. Portland series. That was the worse call I've ever seen, well besides when Dwight cleanly blocked Lebron's 3 pointer.

Who was the call on and what happened? Didn't see the game I don't think.

Mark it down, the NBA will have a congressional hearing/investigation on the officiating just like baseball did with steroids. First we just need that **** Donaghy book to get published. Come on publishers, quit being pansies!

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Just wondering, who's the last starting big man to average 5.5 PF in a single playoff series?

Theo Ratliff?

Nope. Ratliff averaged 3.8 PF during the series. Granted, it was in only 11.8 minutes of playing time per game, but that was more or less his role on the team, to commit hard fouls on Dwight.

its not just us either.

was listening to the Marc Stein-Simmons podcast. They talked about how the league is insane for just ignoring this. They said teams (examples used were boston, Dallas, and San Antonio) feel like they'll never win a game that (somebody, dan crawford, and joey crawford respective to each team) specific refs are assigned to.

said san antonio was something like 2-18 the specific games crawford reffed.

Its possible refs dont like stan or dwight.

simmons made a quip about being fined $35000 for the podcast comments.

quote:
Originally posted by Bradspace:

quote:
Originally posted by Mickinator:

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

Until David Stern and his robot buddies are replaced, the NBA will continue to allow terrible reffing.

Even as bad as the calls were against Dwight were this series, nothing was as horrible as the call that happened in the Phoenix vs. Portland series nothing was as horrible as the call that happened in the Phoenix vs. Portland series. That was the worse call I've ever seen, well besides when Dwight cleanly blocked Lebron's 3 pointer.

Who was the call on and what happened? Didn't see the game I don't think.

That's absolutely absurd.

quote:
I am sure Dwight will continue this pointless chatter and get suspended. Dwight needs to work on his free throws and learn how to avoid these fouls in the first place.

No matter how much you'd like it to happen Dwight's not getting suspended. And I appreciate that you consistently give hell to Dwight and let the league that's screwing him/us off with a free pass, but no one cares anymore.

quote:
said san antonio was something like 2-18 the specific games crawford reffed.

The stat is that 16 of that last 17 Dallas/Spurs games that Crawford has ref'd San Antonio has won. It's why Cuban goes crazy every time he refs one of their games.

16 out of 17.... And the league still wont admit that they have a serious officiating problem. Stern's the single biggest problem with the NBA right now. It's a shame with all the talent in the league that we live in this crooked era.

for those that are angry at stern for this really dont understand sports contracts.

The NBA would have a clause in the everyones contract relating to commenting on officals and dwight clearly breached that.

as far as im concerned any player that wants to attck the officals on thier own blog is dumb and deserves the fine.

quote:
The NBA would have a clause in the everyones contract relating to commenting on officals and dwight clearly breached that.

Jay-walking is illegal and I break that law all the time too.

Fact is, the NBA can punish players arbitrarily for their actions, and clearly have been doing so. We're not angry at Stern for the fines that (as you pointed out) are almost certainly written into contract. We're angry that he's ignoring an explicit issue within his league (refs that are either outwardly or subjectively crooked) and handing out fines as if it helps.