Sign in to follow this  
VC_Fan

We REALLY need a second PG this summer

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

JWill's best quality, especially during the regular season, was to push the pace of the game and he was great at it. What has happened during the playoffs? Well, Anthony Johnson could've gotten the ball up the court faster than JWill has. YES, AJ. Posting up from the other free throw line.

Given the minutes AJ gave us last year in the playoff's I'm actually tempted to say let's give him some burn. Maybe J-Will is just a little worn out and needs some time to relax and get his legs back under him.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

No stats no proof icon_wink.gif

He had a negative PER in the Bobcats series. You know how bad you have to be to have a negative PER?

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

He's not playing bad. Jameer is just overshadowing him,

What? That's not overshadowing!!! Yes, Jameer has been playing out if his mind, but J-Will did not play well at all during the Bobcats series. He made some horrible jump shots and seemed lost running the offense.

Dwight didn't play very well in the series either. Should we trade him?

I like JWills game. I think hes a perfect backup. I've seen every game this season and JWill has been very impressive throughout. At one point, a bunch of you all wanted him to start over Jameer.

As is the case with Jameer, Jason plays much better when he's aggressive. It almost looked like he was trying to be too careful against Charlotte. I realize every possession matters in the playoffs, but he needs to relax and play his game...he does that and we'll be fine.

I do agree that his shot looked pretty poor against Charlotte, but that may go hand in hand with him feeling the pressure of "wasting" a possession if the shot doesn't go in. Too much thinking, not enough playing.

jwill was not good against the 'Cats but it may have just been a bad matchup for him; DJ Augustin is really fast and athletic. he should fare better vs. Bibby/Teague. he played very well during the season so i think he's earned the benefit of the doubt for one bad series.

however, the speed at pg needs to be upgraded. it would be ideal to get a "bigger" pg that can still guard the quick guys. it would be really nice if Eric Bledsoe fell in the draft, but i wouldn't get my hopes up. two athletes i would like to see the team have a shot at are Avery Bradley and Willie Warren.