Sign in to follow this  
ninjapj

Dwight still talking about the refs..

Disappointing decision for Dwight to post a blog like that. He's already been fined once for "writing" (you don't really think he types that, do ya?) a harsh critique of referees. He will be fined 35K today without a doubt.

I keep waiting for this kid to grow up. It's got to be immensely-frustrating to have opposing big men push, shove, and hack at him without getting called. It's also frustrating to see and hear our franchise player whine about not getting preferential treatment from the officials. He still commits stupid fouls and whines about those as well. The Charlotte series was a huge regression for him and I hope he can suddenly grow the heck up in time for Cleveland (or Boston?).

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

Disappointing decision for Dwight to post a blog like that. He's already been fined once for "writing" (you don't really think he types that, do ya?) a harsh critique of referees. He will be fined 35K today without a doubt.

I keep waiting for this kid to grow up. It's got to be immensely-frustrating to have opposing big men push, shove, and hack at him without getting called. It's also frustrating to see and hear our franchise player whine about not getting preferential treatment from the officials. He still commits stupid fouls and whines about those as well. The Charlotte series was a huge regression for him and I hope he can suddenly grow the heck up in time for Cleveland (or Boston?).

Exactly... I think he regressed as well. He was committing stupid cheap fouls and whining about them more. Theres no way we win a championship with Dwight averaging 26 min a game.

The flip side is the refs are looking for it. They're looking for Dwight to shove back or bump someone out of the way. I don't think its fair that hes scutinized the way he is being that he gets held/mauled whenever hes on the floor.

But yeh, he needs to at least stop with the stupid fouls and he needs to stop complaining. I'm with the crowd that thinks the Magic front office or Stan needs to be the mouthpiece of complaint. Not Dwight. Dwight just needs to play his game and get better at stopping the stupid fouls. Hopefully he'ld spend a bunch of time watching some tape and getting a grip on what he can and can't do.

Didn't the NBA already fine him for comments made on his blog? Didn't Stern just tell everyone to S-T-F-U about the refs, or else they'll pay? Now Dwight goes and does this? I hope he gets the largest fine in league history.

Stop complaining! The more you do, the more the refs will enjoy sitting your cryin' asss on the bench. Shut your mouth and play through it.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

He was only fined $15,000 earlier in the season, the usual $35,000 would be reasonable for the next offense, then maybe suspension if it happens again. (Which I doubt Stern is serious about)

He has a blog for a reason, to communicate with his fans on a personal level. Yes, some of the things can harm him (or his pockets). However, let him be to handle his thoughts on the game and non-basketball related things.

This is my .5 avg of a post every month, because half of you do more whining than Dwight does...smh

GO MAGIC

ALL THE WAY TURNT UP!!!!

Problem is in an interview Stern said they monitor blogs, tweets, (and probably have wire taps on cellphones)daily. If Dwight is being scrutinized that closely on the court, you can bet they are watching his comments from all sources. Nothing anyone says any more is sacred or secure.

It's true they monitor all that but I still believe they have some right outside of NBA business. His website is business and fan base related, it can't really be secured since it's shared with the general public.

It probably is just all up to Stern and his foolish ways. We all know and witnessed his refs screwing up calls, he's just delusional.

Yeah really poor decision for him to post that or authorize posting that. I think John Denton? helps him with his blog.

I'm sure Dwight has people who advise him that are close to him(family and friends). I just cant believe that he would be getting the advice to keep harping on this? Let's hope those close advisors are not the same ones who will be representing him instead of his agent from now on. Another poor decision to make this time of year, to leak he's letting his agent go.

Dwight if your reading this please just go play ball. Let the Magic organization get your back. And for God's sake quit calling yourself a STAR player, everyone knows you are you dont have to reiterate it in your blog. Be humble and just go to work. At some point you just have to have faith.

If it was consistent across the league, I'd say: "Shut the hell up, Dwight, and don't get suspended."

But if you watch any of the Western games, it looks like a mugging on a street game - no refs in sight.

I'm surprised they weren't calling fouls on Dwight in warmups. ALL of the fouls called were legit fouls, but they were not the kind of fouls you usually see called, in the regular season or the post season.

It's like writing a ticket for someone going 36 in a 35mph zone.

Where is the freedom of speech? I mean NBA is not above the law and Dwight has a right to complain. He should sue the orgnization and bring the fker Stern to his knee

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

He should shut up , didnt stern saying hes going to start handing out suspensions?

we live in a free ****ing country

he can vent if he wants

why don't you shutup since you want to be a communist

You really don't know how the NBA works, do you?

Why don't you go to your job and tell your boss he and his associates are doing an awful job and screwing him over. Then go tell him to go **** himself. See how "free" this country really is.

really cause that's the same? LMAO! Without the players stern is an old unemployed retirement home dbag
yes it is the same and you need to learn what the first amendment really does.

people need to understand what the **** the law actually means. yes, you can say anything you want, but it's not going to protect you against the consequences UNDER A CONTRACT.

i also think this is a stupid decision by dwight and most of his fouls have come from just being too aggressive and stupid. at the very least he should stop complaining about hearing stern and smarten up and try to adjust around it. nothing's going to get done by crying.

work on your free throws and game; not whining. we don't need any of this nonsense.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

He should shut up , didnt stern saying hes going to start handing out suspensions?

we live in a free ****ing country

he can vent if he wants

why don't you shutup since you want to be a communist

You really don't know how the NBA works, do you?

Why don't you go to your job and tell your boss he and his associates are doing an awful job and screwing him over. Then go tell him to go **** himself. See how "free" this country really is.

really cause that's the same? LMAO! Without the players stern is an old unemployed retirement home dbag

Yeah it is the same. The commissioner can hand out suspensions the same way a real life boss can fire or suspend. I say the same thing at my job. "If it wasn't for me, my boss would be nothing". That's how it is at most places. I agree with you that it's ridiculous that he won't let players talk even on their own time in their own place, but the fact is he can still hand out suspensions, so it would be better off if Dwight just lets it go. The refs have shown they'll continue to call bull crap on him if he runs his mouth. It's wrong and stupid, but the front office should be handling it, and Dwight should just play.