Sign in to follow this  
JamCity15

Denton: Carter Realizes He Has Support

quote:
Carter said he would gladly take the same shots again that he got on Sunday

I'm glad. Several of his missed shots were shots he takes/makes on a regular basis. I just want him to stay aggressive on the offensive end, because I'd rather him go 4-19 on a night where he kept attacking than for him to go 2-10 and disappear or shy away from the ball.

quote:
Originally posted by nbafan4life12:

Your teams success is going to depend all on Carter. We know how well he has performed in playoffs lol but I still think by the 2nd round he wont be called Wince Harder or a playoff choke lol

Maybe during the Finals, but it never depended on Hedo and it won't depend on Carter now.

Our team is built on a team philosophy. No one player is responsible to take over a game, like LeBron does for the Cavs or Kobe does for the Lakers.

In my opinion, this works out to our advantage, because you never know who is going to explode for crunch time points.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Our team is built on a team philosophy. No one player is responsible to take over a game, like LeBron does for the Cavs or Kobe does for the Lakers.

In my opinion, this works out to our advantage, because you never know who is going to explode for crunch time points.

I think this is what people misunderstand the most about our team. Everyone has been asking dwight about his points because they don't get that we don't need him to score 20 to win. We have plenty of players that can hit the shot. Take away Dwight, you get jameer, take jameer away you have vince, take them away you have rashard and pietrus... good luck stopping all of them.

The only thing another team can hope for is that they all suck at the same time or one of those guys think that they have to force it. Our defense in the playoffs is always there.

i think people read a little too much espn, whatever, last thing we need is for people to understand team ball, let them think that stopping 2 guys will defeat the whole squad.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Your teams success is going to depend all on Carter. We know how well he has performed in playoffs lol but I still think by the 2nd round he wont be called Wince Harder or a playoff choke lol

Maybe during the Finals, but it never depended on Hedo and it won't depend on Carter now.

Yeah but every team needs a closer and for the Magic it would probably be between Carter or Nelson. Howard has shown that he can completely dominate a game on the defensive side of the ball and his offense is getting better and better everytime I see him play, but Vince is key IMO. The difference between him and Hedo is Hedo came off picks looking for a jumper, Carter can come off a pick for a jumper or to attack the basket.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i think people read a little too much espn, whatever, last thing we need is for people to understand team ball, let them think that stopping 2 guys will defeat the whole squad.

LOL at ESPN, the TMZ of sports. Look what happened to the Cavs when they went to the finals it was all Lebron with no one contributing and look how it played out. The Magic have about 5 players who can make an impact on a game, same with the Cavs, Lakers, and Magic. In the end its gonna be the defensive side of the game that lets teams win

every player on this team has a role. if vc can fill his then there is no problem. if he thinks its all about him well you know. plus he has a tough player guarding him. bobcats are doing a good job on defense but the magic have to many weapons. magic in 5.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

LOL at ESPN, the TMZ of sports. Look what happened to the Cavs when they went to the finals it was all Lebron with no one contributing and look how it played out. The Magic have about 5 players who can make an impact on a game, same with the Cavs, Lakers, and Magic. In the end its gonna be the defensive side of the game that lets teams win

Weren't we ranked #2 in the league in defense?

quote:
Originally posted by TampaTony:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I think this is what people misunderstand the most about our team. Everyone has been asking dwight about his points because they don't get that we don't need him to score 20 to win. We have plenty of players that can hit the shot. Take away Dwight, you get jameer, take jameer away you have vince, take them away you have rashard and pietrus... good luck stopping all of them.

The only thing another team can hope for is that they all suck at the same time or one of those guys think that they have to force it. Our defense in the playoffs is always there.

Two very good posts about how our team is so successful.

I don't think Carter needs to be the closer. Four guys on the Magic can be the closer. Heck, Pietrus can close the game if he has the hot hand. So couldn't JJ. To me its riding the hot hand, not having a specific closer.

As for Vince, he just needs to do one thing and one thing only and thats play consistant basketball. Consistant basketball means mixing up your game and making shots. It doesn't mean jacking up all 3's in one game and driving to the basket in another. It means consistantly mixing his shots and making his shots.

I have faith in Vince. I think hes going to kick some ***.