Sign in to follow this  
Magic07-08

With Donovan as magic coach predict their record now. Be realistic

If the roster stays exactly the same I think we could maybe win 50 games. There are still a lot of very important decisions to make before the season begins.

quote:
If the roster stays exactly the same I think we could maybe win 50 games. There are still a lot of very important decisions to make before the season begins.

If the roster stays the same I vote 46...

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:

If the roster stays the same I vote 46...

50 is rather optimistic but I was factoring in how terrible the East was this year. We lost at least 10 very winnable games.

I'm going with 43 to 45 wins. There is that whole "to the NBA"-transition-thang, too, though: it'll take Billy about half the season to get used to it, I would guess. Still, we have a good, young team: we'll be fine.

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICFAN365:

50-32. we have a great team guys and our problem was our last coach in inept. and for our last coach by any chance you may read this I know you dont know what that large word inept means so i will give the definition: 1:lacking fitness or aptitude. 2:lacking sense or reason. 3 not suitable to the time, place, or occasion: inappropriate often to an absurd degree. 4: generally incompetent. i have nothing personally against him but as a fan to have the person playing coach and purposely not putting the best players on the court beccause he is stubborn gives me the right to express how i feel about his coaching "skills". I don't know this season's final outcome but i am so glad we have a coach now becasue now we can so the rest of the league what we really have. 50-32 is the worst we will do this year. yeah we played teams that may have been "short-handed" but we came into games every night with a handicap, our last person pretending to be coach. no i wont say(type) his name. GO MAGIC!!! WELCOME BILLY DONOVAN!!!

The funny thing about it was that all of those SHORT-HANDED teams who were in the cellar beat us every night. We'll win 48 to 50 games next year with a REAL pro coach. Coach Hill flat out sucked.

I say we win 50 games and make it at least to the 2nd round of the playoffs, assuming we don't have any injuries. Otis is serious about improving this year. He will retain Darko, and get a good free agent.

It's very difficult to predict a record just because a new coach has come in, at the moment, I wouyld say between 42 and 45 wins but this is with the current roster.

With changes that I believe will be made, I can see a 50+ win season being there but we have to see what changes are made first before really have a good and realistic guess.

It's not because I'm optimistic or just extremely biased, but I truly think that our team will be one of the best in the east with a decent coach, and Donovan will surely be that.

As the roster is right now, I say we go 47-35. If we acquire Carter, then that record goes to 54-28.