Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Another misinformed ESPN article

quote:
What stands out to me is the fact the Magic might struggle in the playoffs without Hedo Turkoglu around to initiate the offense. Yes, he is playing poorly in Toronto, but he was Orlando's top player in the playoffs last year. He was their best playmaker.

thats all you really have to read.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydi...me-100311/daily-dime

quote:
What stands out to me is the fact the Magic might struggle in the playoffs without Hedo Turkoglu around to initiate the offense. Yes, he is playing poorly in Toronto, but he was Orlando's top player in the playoffs last year. He was their best playmaker.

thats all you really have to read.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydi...me-100311/daily-dime

it has to do with the fact that teams couldnt soley double team hedo last year he had far too much fire around him to hurt opponents.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

I especially like the part where they say that Jameer Nelson isn't a high assist guy. Like Hedo was.

No he wasn't but you had Hedo + Jameer/Rafeer. Hedo was basicly same "high" assist guy like Jameer if you look just at the numbers but positions make a difference, Hedo last season was 2nd among all forwards. There are 16 point guards in NBA averaging better ast number from Meer.

Doesn't he contradict himself when he says what STANDS out to me is that they MIGHT miss Hedo. How can something stand out to you if it only might happen?

Fed up of this rubbish from ESPN, when I logged on this morning it said missing hedo, how on earth are we missing Turk when were on a 7 game winning streak which is the longest I can remember in a long while, including the duration of Turk's stay here.

I don't think anyone can miss Hedo with both Vince and Jameer playing like in February and Mach so far, only question, will they maintain this level.

But with things going the way they're going right know in this moment, hell no.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

When they mentioned Hedo Turkoglu, thats when I stopped reading.

Then you read too much. It said "By Jon Barry" under the title. That would have been a better spot.

I actually went as far as reading the first two sentences. He says that after watching our game last night, he "started thinking". That's where I stopped.

oh but you guys missed the best part.

quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Magic get through the East, but I feel like they are a different team with Hedo gone.

You always got to have a back-up plan. So even if we do end up in the finals again. He'll say oh i'm not suprised they are a better team than cleveland hahaha