Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

LOL Osprey got you update p. 11

I'm one of Jameer's biggest fans, but I'm also no homer. These stats are about as conclusive as they get. Nelson's EFF/WARP stat indicates that Jwill is not only holding his own against him, but essentially OUTPLAYING him. Not only that, Jwill has a higher durability rating and TL% (which I explained on page 4). It's funny, the only time Jameer displayed an above average EFF/WARP was back when Dooling was out with an injury and Diener backed him up.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I'm one of Jameer's biggest fans, but I'm also no homer. These stats are about as conclusive as they get. Nelson's EFF/WARP stat indicates that Jwill is not only holding his own against him, but essentially OUTPLAYING him. Not only that, Jwill has a higher durability rating and TL% (which I explained on page 4). It's funny, the only time Jameer displayed an above average EFF/WARP was back when Dooling was out with an injury and Diener backed him up.

If history has shown us anything, it has shown us that EFF/WARP is not a good indicator when covering for injured players. The is why Stockton is the career leader in this category instead of Jason Kidd.

Of course, since nvAST% wasn't calculated until the early 70's, we'll just never know how Oscar Robertson would have done. the guy was off the charts.

How you guys are NOT calculating assists per tattoo vs turnovers per body fat percentage is beyond me. This thread really can't be taken seriously without those formulas being included in the overall performance review.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

How you guys are NOT calculating assists per tattoo vs turnovers per body fat percentage is beyond me. This thread really can't be taken seriously without those formulas being included in the overall performance review.

Amateurs on this board I tell ya, amateurs.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

How could you have faith in this dude? Sometimes he's okay, but let's get real....he's no TJ Ford.

Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. TJ Ford, really? Guys just not all that good, and never has been (Raptors couldn't wait to get rid of him for the messiah that is Jose Calderon).

Not a huge fan of rating players based on new stats I've never heard of and are probably meaningless (I'm sure Geordi La Forge has a great WARP rating too).

Fact is, Meer has been excellent anytime he's been healthy in the last 2 years.

Marc Stein said that TJ Ford was better than Jameer before the playoffs two years ago.

/discussion

Do you mean the year in which we played Toronto in the first round and Meer totally outplayed the Ford/Calderon duo?

//discussion

icon_wink.gif

Did you not watch Game 3 of that series?

TJ Ford-21 points

Jameer Nelson-6 points

Jameer did have more assists but he had no choice but to give up his shoot first ways because of the beatdown Ford was putting on him.

Otis should of taken Allen Iverson when he had the chance. AI=win!!!! AI makes meer look like a little puppy. It would be like choosing Jareth over DOM for most intelligent posts.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Otis should of taken Allen Iverson when he had the chance. AI=win!!!! AI makes meer look like a little puppy. It would be like choosing Jareth over DOM for most intelligent posts.

smile_shardhappy.png....

...wait a second... smile_svgsad.png

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

smile_shardhappy.png....

...wait a second... smile_svgsad.png

I'm confused. Are you Jameer in that analogy, or am I?

Either way, I'm deeply offended.