Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Schmitz says UF will call a press conference next week to announce Billy stays(blog)

Organizations have ONE chance to land the crop of coaches that were available this off season; and what did we do? Go on f ucking vacation for 3 weeks while other teams where doing their homework to get s hit done and make their teams better. Otis better pull a d amn rabbit out his a ss and bring us a good coach.

He also better not f uck up during the free agency.

There all gone. Adelman was one of the better ones. Iavaroni was the best fit for us. Billy D is gone. Now its a bunch of ex coaches who can't stay anywhere with baggage and Ron Jeremy.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

Heres whats happening. After 2 years of trying to get Brian Hill to do what he wants, Otis says forget that and is getting his old gang together. He'll hire PJ so that he can boss him around. The Billy D agent contacting thing? Yeah, that should've been done DAYS ago. That should've been done the day after BHill was fired. Thats just so fans don't say "Why didn't they try to go after Billy D?"

Otis wants to win a championship, so he's gonna get his old coach back, where he went an impressive 46-113! Good idea Otis, hope you enjoy flipping hamburgers because thats where you will be if you make this hire.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Chosen, I was only getting excited because John Denton lead me to believe there was a real opportunity to get Billy and that the Magic were pusuing him.

Then Schmitz blogs this news that UF is calling a "big announcement".

Man, either Otis is pissing these guys off these guys are pissing Otis off or something. Can't figure it out.

All I know is we just lost the top 2 guys on my list for future coach of the Magic. I also think they were on the top of the sportswriter's also.

Don't get me wrong here BJ, I did get excited thinking about those guys comming here! I would not have complained about either of them, but they both were in good situations. Iavorini with the Suns being the most exciting team in the NBA, and all the teams in need of both coach and GM factored in.

As for Billy "D" I think he was growing tired of all the same questions, and Otis would have been remissed as a manager to not make some type of attempt to get him here either, we would have killed him for not trying!!! I think the darkhorse here is Carlisle, and SVG running a very close second......those will be the choices, and if Otis draggs his feet, we will be interviewing the head coach from Dr. Phillips JV! LOL

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:

Heres whats happening. After 2 years of trying to get Brian Hill to do what he wants, Otis says forget that and is getting his old gang together. He'll hire PJ so that he can boss him around. The Billy D agent contacting thing? Yeah, that should've been done DAYS ago. That should've been done the day after BHill was fired. Thats just so fans don't say "Why didn't they try to go after Billy D?"

Otis wants to win a championship, so he's gonna get his old coach back, where he went an impressive 46-113! Good idea Otis, hope you enjoy flipping hamburgers because thats where you will be if you make this hire.

Yup and he can take Dave ReTward and BJ with him. Isn't that something. From Golden State, to Orlando Magic, to the Golden Arches.

Hey guys, is this blog legit? You would think with an announcement this big it would posted somewhere else on the internet besides a small spot in Brian Schmitz blog.

Thoughts? Please tell me something positive before I go into a state of depression.(lol)

I think this article is a smoke screen.... if this were true I would be reading it on ESPN, you know the same place where I read the firing of B.Hill and the hiring of Iavoni (however you spell it)

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Go Magic!

LOL, love you're optimism WP! I'll tell you guys that I won't be very excited if we bring in Carlesimo after all this talk about a faster pace.

quote:

Now its a bunch of ex coaches who can't stay anywhere with baggage and Ron Jeremy.

Come on now, SVG doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. After all, I'd still take "Ron Jeremy" over B. Hill!

At this point, there aren't many options that are that much better than B. Hill. The Van Gundy brothers are still in the run, and so is Carlisle.

If we sign Carlesimo or Brown, then all I have to say is:

wayne_brady.jpg

As soon as anybody sees anything on the internet to verify this news please let me or all of us know so I can officially take Billy off my candidate list.