Sign in to follow this  
Diplo

Semi Ot: Cavs talking to get Amare & J-Rich

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Amare wants to go to his hometown state. Wonder if they would take Gortat, AJ, and Pietrus?

Are you sure you're on the right message board? What the hell would the Magic do with that guy? We already have enough PFs that play sub-par defense.

quote:

Yeah, my bad I wouldn't want a 20 and 10 guy next to Dwight. (sarcasm intended)

He would be 15/7 playing next to Howard at most, and with Lewis/Anderson stretching the floor, Amar'e offers almost nothing to this team (except maybe for his PnR offense).

But as stated before, the guy is an awful defender and that's not what we need.

quote:

Amare plays for Phoenix which plays no defense. Under SVG, his D would improve and I would take him over Anderson's and Lewis's D all day.

as much as i agree with you he wouldnt fit in stans stretch 4 offence

quote:

Sources: Hickson, Ilgauskas to Suns By Chris Broussard

ESPN The Magaazine

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns are closing in on a deal that would send All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.

While Cleveland remains in talks with several other teams, the club, from management down to the players, has settled on Stoudemire as its first choice.

The ball is in Phoenix's court. The Suns are mulling whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas's $12 million contract and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with Stoudemire.

The Sunsw would then waive Big "Z" allowing him to resign with Cleveland.

You Move Otis...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913305

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

ESPN The Magaazine

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns are closing in on a deal that would send All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.

While Cleveland remains in talks with several other teams, the club, from management down to the players, has settled on Stoudemire as its first choice.

The ball is in Phoenix's court. The Suns are mulling whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas's $12 million contract and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with Stoudemire.

You Move Otis...

This blows donkey nuts.

I really hope, if we make a move, it benefits our team and keeps us in step with, at least, Boston and Atlanta.

Cleveland is making too many strides away from us at this point. We can only hope that that trade ruins their chemistry. Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

quote:

quote:

ESPN The Magaazine

You Move Otis...

This more I read into it, the more I'm afraid of this trade blowing up the Cavs.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:

quote:

ESPN The Magaazine

You Move Otis...

This blows donkey nuts.

I really hope, if we make a move, it benefits our team and keeps us in step with, at least, Boston and Atlanta.

Cleveland is making too many strides away from us at this point. We can only hope that that trade ruins their chemistry. Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

On paper, they get alot stronger. One can only hope it ruins something about how they've been playing.

I mean, they've won 13 in a row. It just goes to show you the Fear of Lebron leaving. I don't see this trade happening otherwise.

And with Amare able to opt out. He can move on if Lebron doesn't stick after this year.

It might be TOO many ego's, especially since Amare and Shaq worked out so great before right?

That's a Magic fans best case scenario...But, I just can't see them suddenly losing 5 in a row and the reason being they lost "Big Z" and "JJ Freaking Hickson"...

I hate to sound like a panic, but It'd be nice to know Otis was at LEAST TRYING to work on something....