Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Bianchi vs. firebrianhill.org

quote:
So, here it is. A formal challenge to any Sentinel sports writers to join our board and demonstrate their range of knowledge against some of the most die-hard, informed, and articulate fans on the planet. Bring it boys!

and demonstrate that we could take their jobs? Won't happen. On the bright side they are keeping Firebrianhill.org in the limelight. You can't pay for that kind of advertising. If Bhill keeps up his winning ways then it won't matter what spin the journalist try to spin.

Me personally, I'm just focused on this team getting the playoffs.

If BHill gets fired its not by us, the fans. Its gonna be through wins and losses and players voicing that. So far, we have the 8th seed which is **** good for a young, inexperienced team AND we no player has said anything negative about BHill.

My latest Fan Voice Blog seems very timely in light of this thread. Here it is for those of you that don't even know it it there:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211003982/m/8331074343

Also, to make a further point about us "cyberfans," not only are we passionate about our sport or team, but this forum and others like it have given us an outlet to discuss it 24 hours a day, from our work or home computers. The more you follow or discuss something, the more you learn and the more informed you become - self-fulfilling.

The three primary advantages that the columnists have on us are their education and/or experience as writers, their access to the team that they are writing about, and the forum (newspaper, website) that they have for displaying what they write. But they certainly do not have the market cornered on passion for the sport or the team, nor can they honestly call themselves more knowledgeable (except for Povtak, that guy is an encyclopedia of NBA basketball).

Also, one other difference....columnists and sports reporters cover a team; us fans follow the team.

In the east, some would say the eigth seed is pretty bad. Also ask yourself this: Have we improved? Barely. I would say we have actually regressed. The problem is the coaching strategy. Last year after we threw out the Princeton offence, we started winning. This year, I believe we started losing once they players were expected to know and run Hill's offense. The structure is actually hurting us.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Also, one other difference....columnist and sports reporter cover a team; us fans follow the team.

Yes big difference when you add that they GET PAID to follow the team, we PAY (tickets, cable bill, NEWSPAPER SUBSCRIPTIONS, etc.) to follow the team. If it was not for fans, they would not have a job either.

quote:
Originally posted by weezt0e:

Thanks for the support everyone!

I wish they would get on this site and debate. Too bad they have a huge forum with only 4 members, but hundreds of thousands of readers. They can just b*tch slap us from their high horse without so much as a response from us.

I just wanted to say publicly that I won't make a decision on signing your petition til the offseason.

That being said, I agree with nearly every opinion you've set forward about Brian Hill, and I admire that you've kept your criticism to his coaching, and never tried to lower the man as a person. That's admirable, and should be celebrated rather than condemned.

I see no problems with you starting a website dedicated to a cause you believe in, no matter what that cause may be, and for Bianchi to criticize you for exercising the same basic legal right that gives him his job is both laughable and shameful.

Even worse is the character assassination. "Winsor sits at home in Hollywood, CA watching the Magic on DirectTV"

Why not just add: "while drunk, collecting illegal welfare checks, and adding to his mountainous collection of slaughtered kittens."

And the quote that Ron Zook told him once? Are you serious? THAT'S journalism?

It'd be like if I said something outloud, and then quoted it as having been heard from "a reliable source", and then everyone else on the board quoted me. Actually, that's a good idea.

I heard Mike Bianchi's favorite movie is Gigli, that his favorite basketball team is Atlanta, and that he doesn't support our troops.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I heard Mike Bianchi's favorite movie is Gigli, that his favorite basketball team is Atlanta, and that he doesn't support our troops.

Atlanta has a basketball team? Cool! When did that happen?

Also, I thought "Gigli" was Affleck's best work since "Dazed and Confused."

quote:

That article was such a fine display of the decline of ethical journalism. He grossly misrepresented me. One of the quotes he used bordered on fabrication. The other was merely a retort to something he said. He basically took my half hour interview, fished it for things to make me look juvenile, and threw it out the window. He made it sound like I am a struggling PA "trying to make it in the movie buisness." I edit movie trailers and TV commercials for movies. I probably make more money than Bianchi. He knew that, yet still tried to make me seem like I didn't have a job! I'm just floored.

I have had many tv and newspaper interviews and I can tell you in most cases the story is written before they talk to you. The reporters are looking for supportive material to their story.

Prior to a interview I would give a letter on the subject matter to the reporter. I would then state that the questions are answered in the letter. Very hard for a reporter to destroy you when he has to work with a letter that covers matters that they have no desire to discuss.

Why don't you write a open letter on the firebrianhill.org with a challenge to Bianchi?

I think personaly that Bianchi is so self centered he does not even realize he just insulted thousands of Magic fans like my self who no longer live in central Florida for various reasons. It is quit amusing that he degrades us for not living in Florida and going to games and supporting the team in person. I guess I should get divorced, quit my job, abandon my children, and move back to Daytona so I can drive over to Otown every home game and be a true fan. GET REAL BIANCHI!

And come on, we all know him and half of the other sports writers get alot of their material from us, lol.

quote:

I would love to. What sort of challenge do you have in mind?

Let me give it some thought. I will respond on this thread later today.