Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Official "trade for ____ ? Thread"

quote:
Originally posted by johnny perez:

WE NEED TO GET ((((SALMONS)))) 6'7 SHOOTING GUARD WHO WILL HIT 3'S N MAKE PLAYS AND A GOOD PF...

WE NEED TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO TYPE IN CAPS ON THE FIRST POST!!!!!!!!! ****ER

quote:
Originally posted by Purch:

A Dwight-Jefferson frontcourt would force teams to either play Jefferson straight up and get worked on the defensive end or double team Jefferson and take the pressure of Dwight so he can go to work. Also Al Jefferson dosen't have to be mismatched at the center position and can play people closer to his own size and have Dwight as a big time shot blocker in the paint for his help.

Also I believe Jefferson will benefit more from Patrick Ewing then Dwight could ever If you compare their games you can see Al could gain alot from him.

You're adding the best post moves in the Nba with the best post defense.

And when healthy both average 11+ rebs per game and are both great offensive rebounders. Plus Jefferson gets to switch to his natural position as a 4 and doesn't get guarded by bigger taller defenders and gets more comfortable defending people his size.

More then anything I think it's the learning experience for both. In practice Dwight would be able to watch what Jefferson does in the post and Jefferson would get a chance to learn from Dwight on the defensive end.

Yea and a major thing to consider here is the Mismatch that's gonna be caused on Dwight.

Because Al Jefferson is such a great offensive player you have to put your best post defender on him however that leaves your second best post defender on Dwight(Which many teams only have 1 post defender of maybe even none that are good on th defensive end), where he has the opportunity to completely dominate him because of his athleticism. People have a hard enough time dealing with Dwight in the paint now imagine if he's not even the biggest offensive threat in the paint on his team.

Minny has gotten desperate with trading Jefferson. They even admitted they want to give Darko his minutes. If the T-wolves offered him for Danny "chucker"granger im sure the Magic could offer him something better.

There's a whole lot of inaccuracies in this post.

First, Jefferson and Dwight would accomplish little, if any, of the things you mention here. Both work the post from the same spots; putting them together would just minimize one of their contributions, not add to both.

Second, Jefferson is not a great post scorer by any stretch of the imagination. He's a poor passer(worse than Dwight), he plays selfishly, and he draws fouls at a terrible rate. He's inefficient, which is why his career TS% is so low.

Third, Granger is many times the player that Jefferson is. Indiana turned down that deal because it sucked for Indiana, plain and simple.

Fourth, if one were to pair Jefferson and Howard, you'd want Jefferson to be the decoy, not Howard. Howard scores comparably to Jefferson on much better efficiency.

Ultimately, you're arguing that Orlando should pay a huge salary for the right to use their best player less often. That's just, like, insultingly stupid.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Kind of my thought, too, but Dirk has got to be looking at things and saying: "I'm never going to win a championship here."

It would be nice if we got some of that "veteran respect" that the Celtics got a few years ago, when both Allen and Garnett went there for a lot less than they could have made elsewhere.

They were traded there. Not FA.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

zna04o.jpg

I'll take that trade!

Nothing to wash the chips down with! Add Gortat for a coke

I say we make a play for Bosh in a sign and trade. I think we can offer BC a nice package centered around Gortat and Peaches.

As the Nets, Bulls and Heat have cleared cap space in an effort to possibly sign two max free agents (LeBron James, Chris Bosh) outside of their current rosters, ESPN's John Hollinger reminds us of this: "Remember, Heat/Bulls/Nets needn't clear all the max cap room if they can put a contract into a sign-and-trade for Bosh."

It's been long assumed that Bosh would likely leave Toronto via a sign-and-trade.

And if that ends up happening, Miami would seem to be in a bit of a bind. Once free agency hits, only Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers will be on their roster, and the Heat can't even give Beasley away at this point.

The Bulls have Luol Deng to offer back -- though it's been reported Joakim Noah would be a target of the Raptors, a player the Bulls are reluctant to give up -- and the Nets also have some movable parts and could potentially offer first-round draft pick Derrick Favors if it meant landing Bosh.

Bottom line: Cap space isn't the only way to land Bosh and LeBron. And if a sign-and-trade is the only route Bosh will go, Miami is at a bit of disadvantage in that realm because they only have two players total on their roster outside of Wade.

ESPN's Chad Ford

Sign-and-trade still likely for Bosh, but Miami might not be best fit

"It's just so difficult to do what they're trying to do there. The Heat would be left with just four players on their roster ... LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Chalmers if they sign-and-trade Beasley. That's 10 minimum slots to fill. That's a huge risk by LeBron, Wade and Bosh that all three will stay healthy ... I think cooler heads prevail at the end of the day. [The Raptors] don't have to do a [sign-and-trade]. They can refuse. But Bryan Colangelo is keen on getting back assets and Bosh wants that extra year and higher raises, so my guess is they work together to make something happen."

I just read on ESPN that Paul Pierce is opting out of his contract. I wouldn't mind seeing him here; hes everything we wanted vince to be, albeit I wish he was a little younger. What do you guys think?