Sign in to follow this  
Natmayo

Meyer steps down

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...=845101266#845101266

We have an NCAA football thread. But maybe this does deserve it's own thread. Let the mods decide I guess.

I apologize if this was put in that thread. They can shut it down if so desired.

Like I said, this maybe deserves its own thread with the discussion (or just ignorant hate) it will probably bring about.

this is a sad day for all gator fans out there. this is great news for fsu fans and the U fans but not so much us gator fans. oh well.

thanks urban for all you did. I truely enjoyed all the years of you coaching. good luck to your and your family.

I just hope it isnt anything to do with that cyst on his brain and the migrane headaches he was getting for years that I keep hearing about. Add in that dehydration at the SEC championship game and even with how many people keep saying that they are not related it worries me.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

I just hope it isnt anything to do with that cyst on his brain and the migrane headaches he was getting for years that I keep hearing about. Add in that dehydration at the SEC championship game and even with how many people keep saying that they are not related it worries me.

It's a heart condition that flares up with stress apparently.

As a die hard Gator my entire life, this has saddened me more than any other sports-related news possibly could. Knowing that the only news that would hit me harder is death or illness of my friends or family, I applaud Urban for making this decision. Health is more important than football.

Next coach? The next coach might end up being a sacrificial lamb a la Zook. Shanahan, Stoops etc are likely pipe dreams. Maybe Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, maybe Mullen? Tommy Tuberville?

Maybe even Spurrier, I still have a soft spot in my heart for him. At any rate, this definitely levels the playing field with FSU. I'll be following this awful closely.

as possibly the biggest fsu homer on this board i have to say that although we have a rivalry and uf is the enemy you never want this to happen to a guy.

UM was good for college football. I dont know him personally (i know some disgruntled players personally who say he's a jerk) but you never want this to happen to anybody. I'm sure outside of football he was a great and caring person. A good role model, etc.

My family is going through severe illness so i can sympathize to what he and his family must be going through. His decision had to be a tough one due to his passion for the game. Some things are more important than football. He can't turn a blind eye to his family and put himself in harms way.

Obviously this situation benefits FSU, UM, and UGA with recruiting. I was looking forward to the era of jimbo vs urban though...

quote:
the only news that would hit me harder is death or illness of my friends or family

icon_eek.gif