Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Stats used by NBA teams; Check you fav player; Jameer/J. Will pt. 2(link)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

A poll about whether or not the Sun was made of magic, taken 3000 years ago, would also speak volumes, I'm sure.

Those results were tough to swallow, huh DOM...

You missed my point entirely. To be honest, I have no idea what poll you were even referring to.

However, regardless of what the poll was or what its results were, the fact remains that an opinion poll taken of people who aren't, in most cases, qualified to offer up an even passably informed opinion on the subject isn't particularly valid, even in terms of the fact that opinion polls aren't really that valid for anything anyways.

Now you're calling the opinion's of posters on this board stupid in a politically correct way?

That is, by far, the dumbest conclusion reached on anything ever on this board. Aside from VaBchMagicfan and Hoopczar of course. It isn't an insult that, arguabally, the best person in his field on the planet has more knowledge than a bunch of people who don't work within the field.

quote:

My favorite stat...

Jameer 8-3 as a starter, but team struggles.

J. Will 8-1 as a starter, team is thriving...in more than one way.

I don't need anything but my eyes to see that...

Get on the bring Nelson off the bench bandwagon!

It greatly saddens me that 8400 posts similar to this one have stained this forum at one time or another.

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

quote:

My favorite stat...

Jameer 8-3 as a starter, but team struggles.

J. Will 8-1 as a starter, team is thriving...in more than one way.

I don't need anything but my eyes to see that...

Get on the bring Nelson off the bench bandwagon!

It greatly saddens me that 8400 posts similar to this one have stained this forum at one time or another.

Nah, this whole "having an opinion" thing is new to the OMMB. For as long as I've been on, Junkie would scour irrelevent and small basketball blog sites and find Magic related articles and post quotes asking for our ideas without providing his own. A very nice little niche that provided extra topics about less mainstream analysis

I still like the stats Rockets use. Not sure what it is called though.

But this is solid stats, IMO. JWill is too good of a passer to suck on PnR situations.

quote:
Awaiting Nelson's return

Coach Stan Van Gundy says he doesn't think the return of injured PG Jameer Nelson will cause wholesale adjustments. Nelson is expected back from knee surgery in a few weeks.

"It really doesn't. He's the starter and J-Will (Jason Williams) will go back to being the backup. I don't think it affects the playcalling very much. I don't think there will be adjustments for anybody but the two point guards."

Van Gundy said that he will insert Nelson back in the starting lineup "as soon as he's practiced and ready to go."

Number of playoff series won?...Nelson (1)

Number of injuries?...Nelson, countless until the next one

Number of all-star selections?...Nelson, 1 based on a 30-game stint early last season

I could go on but I'll stop right there...

quote:

Number of playoff series won?...Nelson (1)

Jwill has won a total of 5 in 4 more playoff appearances, and 4 of those were in the year the Heat won the title. He was awful throughout the playoffs that year, too, and was replaced by Payton late in games.

Number of injuries?...Nelson, countless until the next one

Jwill averages 67.5 games played per season in his career. Jameer averages 65.8. That difference of 1.7 games a year is huge, I know.

Number of all-star selections?...Nelson, 1 based on a 30-game stint early last season

That's infinity percent more than Jwill has made.

I could go on but I'll stop right there...

By all means, continue. I don't have much to work on today, and this is easy.