Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

Is it just me or should we really be 14-2?

The team should be 13-3. The game @ Detroit is the one I'm not counting. In the other three losses.

@ Thunder. (Team was a no show on defense and offense)

vs. Cleveland (Team was a no show at home on Offense and Defense "AGAIN")

vs Miami (As i remembered, the Magic couldn't make the simplest plays...making free throws, rebounding, boxing out, chucking early in the shot clock, turnovers. This game wasn't deservedd to be won at all)

Honestly I'm glad we are at the record we have now.

This is a team that seams to suffer from intermittent motivation issues (primarily when facing weaker teams). They miss the electric, playoff atmosphere.

Ever since Rashard got back, the two best teams we've played have been the Celtics and the Hawks. It comes as no surprise that we beat those two teams in the two best defensive outings of the year thus far.

The way the fans whine and beg for immediate changes, you'd think they were 2-14.

Every team has some games they should've won or some nights they simply don't show up. Just gotta keep looking forward and hope the lesson has been learned.

If this team wants to be true champions, they need to learn to beat the ticky tacky calls also. it is 12-4.

As terrible as the officiating was on the Detroit game, you're forgetting us shooting 10-35 from the 3PT line.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

The team should be 13-3. The game @ Detroit is the one I'm not counting. In the other three losses.

@ Thunder. (Team was a no show on defense and offense)

vs. Cleveland (Team was a no show at home on Offense and Defense "AGAIN")

vs Miami (As i remembered, the Magic couldn't make the simplest plays...making free throws, rebounding, boxing out, chucking early in the shot clock, turnovers. This game wasn't deservedd to be won at all)

well said im over reading it was the refs and what a few people need to understand we have played 16 games to get 12 wins some teams (nets being one) will take 75+ games to get that.

I agree with Faux Hawk. Officiating is always bad on us. I dont care about it in the regular season, but in the playoffs it makes me absolutely mad!

But I also agree with people saying how Howard offensive game lack a finesse touch, and how the intensity of defense goes down during some games.

But I repeat. I dont care having problems now. But in the Playoffs, we should play every ball like its the last.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

We have the best record in the East, and second best in the league. I'm not sure how much better we can be. We have been playing injured all year, injuries or suspensions aside, the team is playing and winning as good as they can so early in the season.

I know there are things that need to be fixed. But I think that will come with a few more games.

About the refs, in the NBA it is usually give and take, meaning you'll get a bad call here, and there, but they also make those bad calls in favor of us sometimes. Not call a foul or travel,etc. I think the refs do need to figure out of to deal with Dwight, he does get too many bad calls against him, but Dwight also needs to learn to go around that stuff and produce one way or the other.

I do think the Miami game, at least that last shot, the goal tending, or offensive basket interference, wasn't called. But that doesn't excuse all the missed free throws and bad shots and lack of defense the guys showed.

Basketball in the nba is a game of double standards. We don't say anything against bad calls against the opposite team but when it happens to us is the end of the world.

The Miami heat was one of the worst defensive games I seen the magic play. I saw a lot of players standing around as if they were watching the game. The magic must have thought that the Heat pick and roll was nothing more than an amusement.

Moving forward...

I thought the Magic played some hard nosed defense against the Hawks, and they didn't let them get comfortable. The hawks is a team that won't survive against this magic team if we were to hit the playoffs next week.

well we SHOULD have won the Miami game, no doubt. Deserved? Umm I dont think they really deserved to win either. Wade was playin crappy, and I didn't see them all that great.

We both played just mediocre.

But there's no way we should have lost that game. 95-95. We hit a 3 pointer with 10 seconds to go. Best possible scenerio. They can either hit a 3 to send it into OT, or miss it and we get the rebound.

What happened is still hard to get over.

but if you guys really feel bad about this team. Which is pretty funny. Go look at the power rankings.

Lmao all the other team's and fans would kill to have our roster or spot. If any other team had our ranking right now, I'm sure they'd be having celebration threads and "I think we can go real far this year!"

now that I think about it, it's halarious that we arent happy right now when we're at the top of the league. And we're demanding changes. How ridiculous.

Fans are just anxious to see this team running on all cylinders, offense hasn't shown consistent chemistry yet and the defense hasn't looked as good as late last year. But hey, the starting 5 has only been together for 1 game and Jameer went down in that game and Vince and Ryan have missed multiple games. Once the team is 100% they will be tough to beat and when they go on a 10-12 game winning streak later on everyone will be happy.