Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Stan Van Gundy vows to limit negativity after private meeting with C Dwight Howard

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

What usually happens when a team leader takes it on to address issues with the boss, they wind up gettin thrown under the bus. Dwight may want to look for tread marks up his back. If I were SVG I'd tell them to play my way or pack up your Nikes and go home.

good thing you are not the coach then but if stan was to say that would you stand beside him first game at amway?? if do you would be very brave

I think that the point is we need to run harder and swarm the ball type criticism. Not you guys are not good. You are not playing good basketball. etc. When you are asked to perform at a higher level the mind and body does this when you are told you are awful well you start to think negatively as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I think Dwight needs to grow a bushy mustache to appease SVG. In fact, the whole team should do it.

That's a great idea, have we ever done a promo night for that. I'm thinking paper/cardboard punchout moustache's given out at the doors with a rubber band like a party hat for everyone to wear. Sweet.

At the end of the day we all know this team isn't at it's best, and that is the truth. Stan said it and I believe him, but what's the point of lying to your team?

Dwight is not soft but acting as he is with this, that's just my opinion. These guys are capable of destroying teams nightly and not getting it done. I do think it will improve but at the same time when you're not producing as you should there is a factor of negative things that needs to be corrected.

Ironically I'm sure we do remember last year's locker room drama in the Boston series....look who we play today!

IMO Dwight is only right if he doesn't use this victory as a way of gaining control. If Stan eases up on them they have to commit to playing better team basketball.

Stan is just being a coach and father figure. He's telling them when they screw up, and in the end they'll be better for it. Negativity from someone like that can affect you, but they should try to concentrate on their GOAL and try to empathize with Gundy. If they use this opportunity just to get coach off their back, and still coast along, then they never really cared to begin with.

Bianchi=fail. Stop with the cute VanGone-dy crap and just report an story.

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

At the end of the day we all know this team isn't at it's best, and that is the truth. Stan said it and I believe him, but what's the point of lying to your team?

Dwight is not soft but acting as he is with this, that's just my opinion. These guys are capable of destroying teams nightly and not getting it done. I do think it will improve but at the same time when you're not producing as you should there is a factor of negative things that needs to be corrected.

Ironically I'm sure we do remember last year's locker room drama in the Boston series....look who we play today!

Once again he was speaking on behalf of the ENTIRE TEAM

quote:
Originally posted by Jaybird:

IMO Dwight is only right if he doesn't use this victory as a way of gaining control. If Stan eases up on them they have to commit to playing better team basketball.

Stan is just being a coach and father figure. He's telling them when they screw up, and in the end they'll be better for it. Negativity from someone like that can affect you, but they should try to concentrate on their GOAL and try to empathize with Gundy. If they use this opportunity just to get coach off their back, and still coast along, then they never really cared to begin with.

Bianchi=fail. Stop with the cute VanGone-dy crap and just report an story.

A Good "father" is not always lashing his kids with a belt, he picks his spots when to do it

Stan needs to try his new more POSITIVE method. He needs to start talking to the team in a more calm approach and say all POSITIVE things to them. He should sound more like Flanders on the Simpsons so he want hurt their feelings.

OMG I thought this team was full of soldiers but I was wrong big time. Didn't know we were a girl scout team now. YOUR DOING GREAT DWIGHT MISSING ALL THOSE FREETHROWS, GOOD JOB. IS THIS HELPING YOU DWIGHT. IS THIS MORE POSITIVE FOR THE TEAM. OMFG.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

Once again he was speaking on behalf of the ENTIRE TEAM

Doesn't matter they all need to suck it up and get the job done, grown *** men being paid millions crying over a coach that is one of the best in the game right now. That's what it is...have you ever been in a huddle? Played some sports on a competitive level? I've been yelled at, I've been in a huddle where coach is telling my team we aren't good right now, that's fire to go out and be the best, this team should respond that way.