Sign in to follow this  
jec

We're 8-3 and everyone is complaining

Can everyone just frigging chill the **** out?

There's been so much Panic! at the Disco, yet we're doing fine.

According to Yahoo Sports we are #2 in the east, tied with the big 2. I think people where expecting us to be the 72 win Bulls team or something.

We are still on pace to win 60 games. Sure it might not be pretty some nights, but let's wait until we lose 5 in a row before we freak out.

Tell me about it...

The Orlando Magic have been through a lot with injuries and being sick. And they still hold a better record than over half the teams in the East. They are tied with Boston and Cleveland... We have to worry about this team staying healthy and that means not dismantling it for a selfish Allen Iverson.

This team got so much (local) hype, people expect great things. The defense is poor, the Magic are beating weak teams like the Nets and Bobcats and not doing it very impressively.

There's concerns, but overall 8-3 isn't bad. We're going to be tested against OKC and Boston coming up though.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

This is the most accurate post I've ever read. Almost brought me to tears. People need to understand, we're winning. Winning is all that matters. If one night we beat the Nets by 3, there's panic. But what if the next we beat the Lakers by 35 in L.A.? Chill people.

why does everyone keep saying we need a new starting pg, when jameer is only out 4-6 weeks, he isnt out the rest of the year, we just need to hang on for that long, its only a month or so. We'll be fine. I agree we're doing pretty good even though it looks like we suck.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

This team got so much (local) hype, people expect great things. The defense is poor, the Magic are beating weak teams like the Nets and Bobcats and not doing it very impressively.

There's concerns, but overall 8-3 isn't bad. We're going to be tested against OKC and Boston coming up though.

The Lakers got blown out by 25 against Denver, Celtics lost to half of the Pacers and the Spurs haven't even won a road game yet.

I guess we can look forward to our Hawks-Suns finals.

Its because people fail to have perspective....This is what we used to celebrate as Magic fans....

quote:
The Orlando Magic turned up its game -- and the volume.

"We had that music cranked, man," Tracy McGrady said after the Magic beat the Phoenix Suns, 105-98, last night at home to snap a 19- game losing streak.

As the music blared, Coach Johnny Davis was accepting a bottle of champagne in honor of his first victory since taking over for Doc Rivers, who was fired on Nov. 18.

"For the first time in a long time, we have a very happy locker room," Davis said. "And, for the first time in a long time, I can actually smile."

Find that dark place again Magic fans and enjoy this season.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I'm not one to panic. but if anyone doesn't see the issues facing this team then i really think they are blind. this team is not playing well at ALL. The players know it, Stan know it and discerning fans know it. We have looked nauseating on both offense and defence.

With that said, IMO there are various reasons for this, mainly chemistry and injuries. However there are also real issues, such as the willingness of our guards to drive the ball and defend. People have reasons to be concerned, but not panic.