Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Anybody even the slightest bit worried about our summer moves?(link)

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Jameer needs to focus on staying with his man defensively and at least trying to bother a shot.

Carter has apparently built a house on that three point line and doesn't plan on moving anytime soon. Vince really needs to attack the basket a lot harder once he feels his ankle is 100%.

Dwight needs to shut his hole and man up. Barely a block a game and 7 boards per in the last 5 or so? I know the officiating is messed up when it comes to him but what can he do but play through it.

Bass has some real butter fingers. Doesn't it seem like he always loses a rebound?

Pietrus still lvoes stepping on that out of bounds line when he is shooting 3's.

Gortat looks kinda stiff out there this year...he must be carrying all that money in his shorts.

Redick, Williams, Anderson and Barnes are doing basically what they are supposed to.

All in all it has been a rough start but this is nothing that can't be fixed with practice and a concentrated effort. For the most part this team is very weak on individual defenders and has been for a few seasons but we have a great team defense. New faces new season. It will be where it needs to be come playoff time.

This team was built to play a certain way and with Shard and Anderson out they are learning to play a totally different game.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Our defensive efficiency through 8 games so far this year is 104.5...good for 18th(tied for 17th) best in a 30 team league...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

We've played atrocious defense thus far, giving up 50% shooting nights like a customary norm, and we're 17-18th in the league? I would have guessed something along the lines of 25th.

This couldn't be any sillier.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Jameer needs to focus on staying with his man defensively and at least trying to bother a shot.

He should start by stepping through the **** screen instead of going under it!!

We all know the number 1 rule when guarding a shooter and thats never go under the **** screen!!

A lot of people are banking on Rashard being the savior and everything will OK when he gets back. I don't think that's going to happen. I predicted early on that it is going to take this season before SVG gets buy-in from the new guys and they start to mesh. It didn't happen the first year he was with the team and I don't think it's going to happen this year. I'm sad to say that and will admit it's still early in the season but these last few games are reminders of Stan's first year. The Good, the Bad, and very the Ugly before they got to be good.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

ATM things are not looking good for the Magic.

I think Miami will be ahead of Magic this year if things to do not change and change very soon. I would not be suprised if Miami beat the Cavs tonight.

The Magic will be fine, Cleveland was bad just two games ago and everyone was writing them off too. By this time next week we wont be having this conversation

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I'm still more concerned about the moves Orlando didn't make...

No long term deal for Hedo...check

Defensive PG...no checky

You can't get everything done in an offseason. Young defensive point guard comes next offseason in the draft.

If in December everything won't look much better I will be seriously worried. Not about making bad moves but where Magic are going.

But I belive we get were we belong. Just give a few games to play together for Lewis, 100 % healthy VC and Ryan, and for Dwight to chill icon_wink.gif

I belive everything will be worked out.

About deals what else should managment do ? Keep Turkoglu and pay him outrageous money for next 5 years ? When at the end he will be worth 1/4 of his paycheck ? Nope.

And with Hedo out that VC deal was probably best thing Magic could get.

Watching the game last night and all the games this season and most last season Howard looks awkward when backing in an opponent. It's like he is not use to it or something. He seems much more comfortable facing his opponent and driving in. That's what you do aginst the 7 footers in the league, every play, because they can not keep up with him. He will always draw a foul.

Also I have yet to see him shoot a jumper this season. You know those jumpers he supposedly developed during the summer. If Howard can hit 3 or 4 10 foot jumpers a game, that will help the offense tremendously.

Seriously, it's time for Howard to become D12 in the paint on defense again. If he starts playing "D" again, it will inspire the rest of the team to play good "D" again.

I am interested to see how they come out vs the Nets tomorrow night, then FINALLY Shard returns Monday.