Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

7 Games in, who's your 5th starter now?

Redick = No, he is no way near a starter.

Pietrus = No, he said he likes coming of the bench and he provides a scoring punch there, and energy.

Bass = No, he has not found his game just yet, I was hoping to see what he did to the suns, in the thundarcats game.. but he was no where to be seen.

Anderson = Yes, Imagine the three point shooters around Howard. Blow teams out of the water. And Lewis can start at Small forward, Would prepare us better for the Lakers.

Barnes = Yes, He can shoot(when he doesnt force it) and gives some hussle and defense.

I personally want Anderson in, I believe it will allow Van Gundy to rotate his players better (this is a weak area for Gundy) and allow the Magic to have less problems when the starters are out. I don't know how effective Anderson will be with out Howard on the court.

Anderson or Barnes.

Anderson would give us the same setup as last year with 2 6'10 forwards who can shoot. And Anderson isnt a selfish player so hed work well starting along 4 all stars.

Barnes I'm all for starting for his defense and huslte, as long as he doesnt shoot anything but wide open shots when he's with the big 4.

so for matchups like the Cavs, play Anderson.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Barnes is a good defender

I beg to differ. Yes he can get steals, but constantly the man he is guarding runs by him and Barnes still has not learned Stans help defense that is a work in progress.

Instead of Barnes I chose Pietrus.

I seriously don't care who starts between them. I think we will change the lineup during the game to best expose and defend the opposing team. EX. I expect to see lewis and bass against an LA. I would expect anderson and lewis against phoenix etc..

It's funny i never i thought i'd hear myself say this but ryan anderson makes the most sense. With anderson at the pf and shard back at his natural position sf it's scarry how good the magic could be. Anderson actually plays pretty good defense and is a better rebounder then shard at the pf. Shard would own pretty much every sf not named lebron in the post and who's gonna block shards shot on three line. While i like brandon bass a combination of carter sg nelson pg, shard sf, and anderson would be too much for other teams to match up with. With howard in the middle that is down right scarry.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

Lewis should not start small forward at all. He will get owned by the quick forwards of the league.

You do realize he's defended Small Forwards since the beginning of his career, don't you? Rashard's deceptively quick. He would do fine, but either way, we know how important that stretch four is to this team.

conversely you do realize that he's adapted his game to play more of the 4 position, including gaining weight, right?

yea, he's quick, how quick? ask Brad Miller...

Shard can play the 3 just as effectively as he can play the 4. He's far quicker than you give him credit for, and could not possibly be any worse than Turk at guarding forwards, while on the other end, he would most certainly take advantage of the smaller 3's guarding him.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

BARNES. RA relies too much on his shot to contribute and is a much needed offensive spark off the bench. Bass would be good, is Shard wasn't adjusted to playing the 4. Pietrus is better off being a sixth man, a role in which he thrived in last year during the playoffs.

You don't seem to have that same flare that you had with your previous avatar. Honestly, the Guokas one doesn't suit you at all.

I vote Barnes. As like was previously said Stan is gonna reward whoever is playing defense and thats Barnes. I think this actually pushes Ryan as the odd man out. Ryan is going to play his best when hes on the court with Dwight. When Gortat is out there I prefer Bass as the 4 man, because when Gortat is on the floor hes going to be picking up single coverage and Anderson will be blanketed. Therefore Anderson is the 3rd PF.

Also Barnes is scoring more PPG than Peitrus in less minutes and gets twice as many rebouds per game than Peitrus. Barnes is 2nd on the team in rebounds per game, that actually is pretty surprizing to me. And not to mention the things we dont see in the stats, the hustle factor, Barnes has great hands gets in passing lanes, and is the 3rd best shot blocker on the team. But my favorite thing about him is that he is tough. I remember during the Toronto game some fans were heckling him and he took the ball out of bounds and I read his lips, he said "hey **** you" to who I believe was the Arab guy that always is at Raptor games. That alone should be enough to make him a starter.

Starters:

Jameer

Vince

Barnes

Rashard

Dwight

2nd Unit:

JWill

Redick

Pietrus

Bass

Gortat

If you look at my 2nd unit you will see a nice combination of defense, hustle, shooting and athleticism. I really think Bass is better in this lineup than RA. Bass can get his own shot and forms a nice 2 man wrecking crew w/ Gortat. Let Peitrus and Redick do the chucking.

I think the only time Anderson sees time other than garbage minutes is with Rashard at the 3 against certain teams we match up with.

I know alot of you will not agree with this but to me it makes sense with the players we have. If we had RA last year he would be Rashards back up and would have thrived in that role cuz the guy is good and deserves minutes but when everyone is back and healthy I think we are just to deep.

Right now, starting doesn't really matter because nearly everyone will have to play big minutes and play their role on the team.