Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

7 Games in, who's your 5th starter now?

Nice little poll from 3rd Quarter Collapse...I'd be interested in the thoughts of this board.

quote:

You have four givens: Anderson, Carter, Lewis, Jameer Nelson, and Dwight Howard, the team's recent All-Stars. The fifth spot, however, is up for grabs. The contenders are either Matt Barnes or Mickael Pietrus at small forward, J.J. Redick at shooting guard, and either Anderson or Brandon Bass at power forward. Here's how these lineups would look, respectively:

Nelson / Carter / Barnes / Lewis / Howard

Nelson / Carter / Pietrus / Lewis / Howard

Nelson / Redick / Carter / Lewis / Howard

Nelson / Carter / Lewis / Anderson / Howard

Nelson / Carter / Lewis / Bass / Howard

http://www.thirdquartercollaps...the-orlando#comments

Nice little poll from 3rd Quarter Collapse...I'd be interested in the thoughts of this board.

quote:

You have four givens: Anderson, Carter, Lewis, Jameer Nelson, and Dwight Howard, the team's recent All-Stars. The fifth spot, however, is up for grabs. The contenders are either Matt Barnes or Mickael Pietrus at small forward, J.J. Redick at shooting guard, and either Anderson or Brandon Bass at power forward. Here's how these lineups would look, respectively:

Nelson / Carter / Barnes / Lewis / Howard

Nelson / Carter / Pietrus / Lewis / Howard

Nelson / Redick / Carter / Lewis / Howard

Nelson / Carter / Lewis / Anderson / Howard

Nelson / Carter / Lewis / Bass / Howard

http://www.thirdquartercollaps...the-orlando#comments

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

You have four givens: Anderson, Carter, Lewis, Jameer Nelson, and Dwight Howard

icon_confused.gif

Honestly though, it'll be Pietrus, which is sad seeing as how Ryan and Brandon both need consistent minutes in order to contribute the way they're capable of. If it were up to me, I'd start Barnes at the SF spot and have Peaches come off the bench where he excels. Unless of course, we'd be planning on playing Anderson and Bass at SF/PF off the bench, respectively.

A Williams/Pietrus/Anderson/Bass/Gortat bench is just scary. Not sure where JJ would fall..

I want Barnes. We need a glue, does everything, smart player for that 5th spot, someone who isn't constantly looking for their own shot and can run the floor and play defense.

Out of all the realistic options, Matt Barnes is the only one of those players who isn't looking for his shot on every catch.

Year, when I copied the text from TQC it had Ryan Anderson's name in but had it croseed out...sorry it didn't copy correctly.

You still can understand the poll I think.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

Lewis should not start small forward at all. He will get owned by the quick forwards of the league.

You do realize he's defended Small Forwards since the beginning of his career, don't you? Rashard's deceptively quick. He would do fine, but either way, we know how important that stretch four is to this team.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

Lewis should not start small forward at all. He will get owned by the quick forwards of the league.

You do realize he's defended Small Forwards since the beginning of his career, don't you? Rashard's deceptively quick. He would do fine, but either way, we know how important that stretch four is to this team.

conversely you do realize that he's adapted his game to play more of the 4 position, including gaining weight, right?

yea, he's quick, how quick? ask Brad Miller...