Sign in to follow this  
Dave Lubinsky

I said ''no'' to the Pistons......

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Lubinsky:

An Orlando Magic executive called and asked to rent out the downtown orlando YMCA gymnasium on Thursday from 12-2pm for the Pistons to have a closed practice before friday's game at Amway. I thought about.....

Being I run the sports department, having an NBA team such as the Pistons using my facility would be pretty awesome, then I realized who I was talking about.

I HATE the Pistons, and the fact that I simply wasted brain-power thinking about entertaining their offer makes me sick to my stomach! Please forgive me my fellow magic'ers.

I said no..... How dare they!!

That is freakin awesome....

You know if it was another team, maybe a team that didnt play so freakin dirty... then that would be cool...

But for Detroit, and there antics of flopping and trying to rip ppl's arm out of their socket (stucky)... screw'em

Total tool move, Dave. Had someone done the same thing to the Magic, you people would be up in arms. I can only hope that someone in a higher position will read your post, Dave, and that you will suffer the consequences of your unprofessional actions. I hate the Pistons too, but you pulled a punk move.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

Total tool move, Dave. Had someone done the same thing to the Magic, you people would be up in arms. I can only hope that someone in a higher position will read your post, Dave, and that you will suffer the consequences of your unprofessional actions. I hate the Pistons too, but you pulled a punk move.

Actually they did that to the Magic last year during the finals in LA... and no one said anything then...

Yeah I have to agree they will be able to practice. They are professionals and the deserve to be treated in a professional manner. Not what I would consider to be a cool move...

Were they also looking to bring their own team of ref's to the practice as well??

O.K. I shouldn't have done that, but sometimes I yeild to these temptations. Go Magic!!!

Perfectly acceptable to tell them no. And you could justify it further by saying "I don't feel it would send the right message to the youth to have them in this facility with their style of play. They're hard and cheap fouling of Dwight Howard is not how you play basketball."

quote:

An Orlando Magic executive called and asked to rent out the downtown orlando YMCA gymnasium on Thursday from 12-2pm for the Pistons to have a closed practice before friday's game at Amway. I thought about.....

Being I run the sports department, having an NBA team such as the Pistons using my facility would be pretty awesome, then I realized who I was talking about.

I HATE the Pistons, and the fact that I simply wasted brain-power thinking about entertaining their offer makes me sick to my stomach! Please forgive me my fellow magic'ers.

That's BS!

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

That's BS!

I was wondering if I was the only other person that thought this was just a STORY. Sounds to me like you have a good imagination and real bored at work.

If it is true and obviously I have no way of finding out for fact. Than I am in the wrong but this just seems to smell of BS.

well if you ladies have your skirts blown up that much about it, I'm sure you could always contact David Downtown YMCA

looks to be fairly legit to me, unless of course it's the in thing to do now, to pretend to be one David Lubinsky - Director of Sports - Downtown YMCA...

ps. good work Dave, I like your style...

quote:
Originally posted by MagicfanNmaine:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

That's BS!

I was wondering if I was the only other person that thought this was just a STORY. Sounds to me like you have a good imagination and real bored at work.

If it is true and obviously I have no way of finding out for fact. Than I am in the wrong but this just seems to smell of BS.

is it sad that I googled the ymca in orlando? on the basis of the aforementioned googling, methinks it a legitimate tale