Sign in to follow this  
Rimsh

Post Game Thread. Magic @ Raptors 11/01/09. POTG and Discussion.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

JJ. Hands down. Played 45 mins, 27 pts, 6 boards, 5 dimes, 1 stl, AND on good percentages. That's Vince Carter stats. He stepped up BIG TIME when we needed him the most.

Jameer did what we expected. Ryan wasn't a surprise. Barnes had a nyce fantasy game. But Redick, man, he showed why he was drafted 11th. Too bad its 4 yrs later, lol.

You know as far as JJ is concerned, the first two seasons(Brian Hill) I have to give him a pass on, the next season, he needed to develop a SVG defensive mindset and he did! Now you have not heard me take any real position on JJ one way or the other, so I am not a JJ lover or hater, but I have waited for this guy to show up....and he did! It took a few things I think to get him here, the most important thing is to get him away from thinking he was Gods gift to the Magic, and welcome to the big league! I think he is here to stay now....Good job OM for sticking with this kid, and good job JJ in stepping up when called upon!!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

im just wondering, if rashard coming back might screw us up for a few games, the lineup is doing well so far... it is possible adding an all star back to the lineup hurts us??

nah, I dont think it's possible to get worse by adding Shard. If anything we will be at a whole nother level (if that's possible).

Rashard isnt a greedy player, who just wants stats (like the rest of the team) so I'm sure there will be no problems. Plus Shard doesnt limit us in any ways, he shoots lights.. Plus just picture Jameer, Vince, Shard, Dwight all together....

Anyways I felt like voting Barnes just becuz Robotmaster is honestly bothering me that much.

JJ. He's really impressed me so far this year. He developed a decent defensive skillset last year, especially off the ball, but his shooting has been more erratic with each year he's been in the league...

... Until this year. He's shooting a smooth 40+% from beyond the arc. In addition, he has inexplicably developed a decent ability to track rebounds that bounce out of the post, averaging 5.5 rebounds a game over the last two games.

If he keeps it up, we're in great shape in terms of guard depth.

you know if you want to remember what it was like to be a Magic fan back in the Brian Hill era (second time) go read the Raptors forum how they are crucifying their coach, his play book, their lack of defense, how they will lose CB4, how they should trade Calderon for Andre Miller, how everyone on their roster is basically a bunch of Chris Gatlings.

I never thought JJ would ever play 45 minutes in a non-OT game, let alone have the stat line he had this game. He's really stepped it up this year.

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

How could you pick Barnes over JJ Reddick?

Sheesh.

the whole team played great; short handed...

barnes did have 6stl, 2blks, 9rebs, 12pts....

Wow, we look good. Without VC, Peaches and Rashard and we still man-handled the Raptors who beat the Cavs a couple of days before.

JJ was awesome, Jameer was too and Barnes is a true warrior. Anyone else noticed that D12's free throw % was better than Calderon's?

It seems unreal.. BUT IT ROCKS!

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

How could you pick Barnes over JJ Reddick?

Sheesh.

the whole team played great; short handed...

barnes did have 6stl, 2blks, 9rebs, 12pts....

4 assists as well.

In protest for Ryan Anderson not even being nominated, I'm not voting. If I did I guess it would be the entire team. But I think it's clearly between Anderson, Dwight, or Redick.

I will say though, I was thrilled with Barnes' defense today, the best I've seen from him so far in a Magic uniform, both in help defense and Ding up his man. He's a real good glue guy, do-everything guy for the Magic going forward.